+ Reply to Thread

Question Has anyone fallen pregnant while breastfeeding an older baby and on the mini pill??

Hi, being a noobie on here I am hoping this is in the correct section

Has anyone in here fallen pregnant while breastfeeding and on the mini pill?

My daughter is nearly 11 months and breastfeeding regularly (up to 6 times a day but sleeping 12-13 hours at night), I take the pill every morning, give or take an hour or two. My periods have not returned (they didn't with my son until I went off the pill when he was 14 months old, got pregnant after my first period which was a week after stopping the pill)

The last week I have been very queasy, food smells while cooking make me not feel like eating what I've cooked and feeling generally tired and headachy.

I have POAS which come up negative. I have an app for the Dr on Wednesday so will get a blood test.

Please tell me it is highly unlikely- hubby and I have decided that we won't be trying for anymore kids (but a whoopsie baby would be very much loved anyway)

(my sister fell pregnant while BF and on the pill but wasn't regular with the times she took it, he girls are 12 months apart )

Last edited by noobie; 01-06-2012 at 16:21. Reason: add additional info

Similar Threads

1. Breastfeeding & Mini Pill
    By becandabub in forum Breastfeeding Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 25-08-2012, 05:49
  2. Breastfeeding an older baby- too often?
    By bumMum in forum Breastfeeding Support
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 05-07-2012, 10:49
  3. anyone fallen pregnant breasfeeding and on mini pill?
    By heatherm in forum Pregnancy & Birth General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 16-01-2012, 11:31