+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    You know what OP, I pity Y and her children, can you imagine growing up in a household where your parent(s) were that ignorant and intolerant.

It's even worse that Y was so blatant and forthright about her views knowing that you obviously didn't feel that way since you'd just finished telling her of your play date plans. Disgusting.
    No point trying to rationalise with someone so ignorant, I just pity her and anyone else with these archaic views really.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Uniquey For This Useful Post:

Rutabaga  (01-06-2012)

GluttonForPunishment is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Most Optimistic Poster and Newbie of the Year Awards
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    That's a disgraceful attitude for Y to have. I'm so glad you're so proud of your daughter! What an awesome little girl and what a fantastic job the teaching staff have done to promote understanding etc.

I hate bigotted people with ignorant views. Girl X, it's that "losing faith in humanity" thing again. You do just despair at the depth of human ignorance at times hey!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to GluttonForPunishment For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (01-06-2012)

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    how sad!
    im thrilled that my dd has plenty of exposure to people with disabilities, as my mum is a support worker. its really something that needs more attention and public education.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I share your thoughts on having special needs kids in main****** and also on our DDs seeing past the so called disabilities in others.

Horrifying to think people like Y are out there in this day and age. I would be so saddened and disappointed if any of my kids had opinions like this.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Girl X View Post
    As DiamondEyes said - you have probably made X's mum's day! And good on you for raising a lovely little girl who sees past X's disability.

It sounds as if Y may have been a bit sheltered and not had much exposure to anyone who isn't 'main******'. Hope she listened to you when you explained it all to her.
    It all fell on deaf ears unfortunately and yes Y has had enough exposure to know better which is why I was gobsmacked by the reaction I got.

The first time X got invited to a birthday party her mum almost cried. And yes her mum was thrilled that DD wanted a playdate.
    As far as I know the general concensus among parents is positive towards special needs kids in main******, a few are a bit ignorant but I dont care what they think. everyone was created equal, all different, yet no more important than another.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think it is wonderful for special needs kids to be in main****** schools. As you say, it offers fantastic learning opportunities both ways.

My sister had a girl with DS in her class in primary school, and my sister always invited her to birthday parties, over to play etc. It seemed normal to her but you could tell that her mum was thrilled for her child to be involved.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My dd has a girl in her class with special needs , they are both 6yrs old.

And my dd doesnt even realise that this girl is a child with special needs, she just knows that that is the way she is.
    she knows that the girl is different to her just like dd is different to every other kid in the world.

She knows we are all different and that being different is normal.

I never go into why this girl is different, there is no need to, she doesnt need to have a reason why she is different, dd and other people just need to know that they need to accept people the way they are/the way they look, speak and so on!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    ugh that sucks.
    But on the bright side, I totally got warm fuzzies from what your DD said, and from the attitudes of yourself and the school, that's awesome!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    How disheartening to hear such ignorant comments from Y

I would like to think that having special needs kids integrated into normal schools might help other kids to be more accepting of those who are different?

I hope the girls have a great time at their play date

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Yuck. Ignorant people like that make me sick. Kudos to your DD though, what a lovely child and to you too for raising her with empathy and tolerance