+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    ToughLove is offline Meaner than a junkyard dog
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Member
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We don't swear in front of DD or other kids, and we stress that swear words are disrespectful and very hurtful.

When she was four MIL thought it would be the height of amusement to teach her to yell "f..ing c...ts!" at the tv during the footy.
    We only found out because she filmed it on her iphone and posted it on Facebook.

We started making a huge deal out of it. Everytime we heard it we'd say "How could you say that? You've hurt my feelings!" and go overboard pretending to cry. DD is a very sensitive kid when it comes to feelings so she'd start crying as well, and fling her arms around us wailing sorry over and over until she was forgiven.

It faded out after a very short time.

now if she hears a bad word she whispers it to me to check if it's a "feeling hurter"

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol sometimes you can't help but have a little laugh

I remember mum telling me that when I was one I used to call trucks f***s. not because I was swearing but because I couldn't say it properly.

Anyway one day mum was in the doctors surgery waiting room surrounded by old ladies. Out the window I saw a truck and started yelling " look uncle Mike's f***"
    The oldies were horrified

Haha needless to say they quickly taught me to say Toyota

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash1202 View Post
    Lol sometimes you can't help but have a little laugh

I remember mum telling me that when I was one I used to call trucks f***s. not because I was swearing but because I couldn't say it properly.

Anyway one day mum was in the doctors surgery waiting room surrounded by old ladies. Out the window I saw a truck and started yelling " look uncle Mike's f***"
    The oldies were horrified

Haha needless to say they quickly taught me to say Toyota
    My DD used to say 'f#cks' for trucks too. My XH used to tell her to go up to Poppy or whoever else and say "you're a dump truck".... yep, a 'dum f#ck'...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Oh gosh, i went through a horrible time with swearing with DS. I dont swear and it hurt me when he would say 'you F'n c*nt'. Really made me upset to hear such a young child say such a thing.

These days he knows they are yucky words and how disappointed i will be with him if he says them.

Sent from my GT-I9000T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS1 almost 2.5yo) heard me telling DP that he sh@t his pants when he had the runs and kept saying for a couple of days after "sh@t pants! Sh@t pants!" every now and again.

He also heard me saying "mummy sucks" ages ago when I did something silly and he still says it every now and again, probably because every time he says it with his gorgeous little voice, having no idea what it means, I laugh my head off. I tried to tell him to say "mummy rocks" but he said "no, mummy sucks!"

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ToughLove View Post
    We don't swear in front of DD or other kids, and we stress that swear words are disrespectful and very hurtful.

When she was four MIL thought it would be the height of amusement to teach her to yell "f..ing c...ts!" at the tv during the footy.
    We only found out because she filmed it on her iphone and posted it on Facebook.

We started making a huge deal out of it. Everytime we heard it we'd say "How could you say that? You've hurt my feelings!" and go overboard pretending to cry. DD is a very sensitive kid when it comes to feelings so she'd start crying as well, and fling her arms around us wailing sorry over and over until she was forgiven.

It faded out after a very short time.

now if she hears a bad word she whispers it to me to check if it's a "feeling hurter"
    :-/ I'd be beyond furious if anyone did that!! How awful!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I never really swore until recently and still not often but we have had neighbours who do and dd still hasn't except that once when it was to ask what the word meant. My brother said the f word to my nephew a month ago, he was 11 months old and my nephew said it for the rest of the day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My son at 3 told me to go and get the f'ing keys on day. Long story, but my mum and I looked at each other and explained that while mummy and nanny said that word it wasn't really a kids word and he was like okay. Never said it again. Another one not so bad was a driver cut in front of us in the car and he yelled out, you bloody donkey...guess what nanny always said when there was a bad driver around...yeap, you bloody donkey...

Thanks
    Reviews
    My niece pulled the curtain and curtain rod down the other day. It made the loudest bang as it hit the ground and scared the crap out of my mum and she instictively yelled 'Jesus Christ Lily!!!'
    For the rest of the day, my Bruce went around the house repeated it over and over. Lol!

Milky mumma since July 2011

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD2.5 was chucking a tanty the other day, turned her back on us, arms crossed & said in perfect tone "f*ckhead". I was beyond stunned, still laugh today at the tone I think it has come from daycare, it's not a term we use at all.