+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Swear words your children have repeated.

Ok so dd is 16mo.
    Dh and I use to drop the S bomb quite a bit. Were not really ones to swear unless it's in a private conversation between us.

A while ago when dd was really starting to pick up words we decided the S word was no longer safe to be said in the house and defiantly not around DD.
    This was about 5 months ago.

On the weekend Dh went to get the milk out of the fridge for breakfast.
    We have Rice milk so it's in the cartons with a little lid.
    The lid wasn't on right and Dh went to pick it up by the lid, milk went everywhere.. Dh says in the loudest voice "Oh Sh!t"

Dd was with him in the kitchen and I went to get the mop, dd kept pointing at the spilt milk saying "Oh Sh!t"
    We just ignored her saying it and just tried to praise all her other words.
    As we can't really explain to her that it was a word daddy shouldn't have said etc.

She didn't say it again, but this morning, almost a week later, my mother was over and had a bunch of paper work in her hand as I'm setting up her new laptop.
    Well mum dropped it and DD says"oh Sh!t"

I feel terrible that she picked up that word.
    But some part of me laughs on the inside when she says it, mostly because she says it in context.

So it got me thinking what is something your LO's have said or words they have picked up?

Ana Gram is offline 2008 WINNER - straight shooter award
    Winner 2008 & 2009 - Community Minded thread
    Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most passionate member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I swear like a trooper and DD has never said a swear word And she always tells me off now (she is 8) if I swear.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dh also dropped the s bomb when he spilt his drink everywhere and like your little one , dd used it in context a few times after. I "spilt" some water a few times afterwards and made a big fuss of saying oh dear! She has not dropped the s bomb since. Just waiting for the f bomb but at least we can pretend she is saying duck!!!!
    Was mortified and felt like a crap parent but hey u need to see the "funny" side!!!
    Last edited by Carpe diem 2013; 01-06-2012 at 14:10.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    No swear words yet, but the other day DD came out with "Oh. My. God." for no reason when we were shopping.

I was horrified, and quickly said "Look at these stickers!!!!!" and threw some at her immediately. She's since said it one more time, and we ignored it.

I know it's not swearing, but it still sounds pretty horrid coming from a (nearly) 2 year old. I'm not sure where she got it from. I do say it very occasionally, but try not to in front of her, and I also say it differently. I say it quicker/ in a more sarcastic way, whereas she said it in full-on American "OMG" style.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD tripped down a step the other day and came out with "ohh bugger"

Thanks
    Reviews
    ExMIL says that she has heard DS say 'oh Sh!t' before I've never heard him swear yet thank goodness because i tend to be a bit of a swearer as is my family and DS's dads family.

DS's father used to teach his young nieces and nephews to swear and pull the finger so no doubt my time will come with DS learning the same

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ana Gram View Post
    I swear like a trooper and DD has never said a swear word And she always tells me off now (she is 8) if I swear.
    Same here. She swore once at 6 but it was to ask me what the f word means. I told her it has lots of meanings but is not a word for kids to use and is a really yucky word. She is also 8 and tells me not to swear.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The first time a swear word came out of DDs mouth (she was nearly 2) we were driving along in the pouring rain and hit a pot hole and a very quiet 'oh sh!t!' pops out of the back seat!! Dh and I were gob smacked! We have since made a conscious effort to not swear, and it had still popped out of DDs mouth a few times though, we just don't react!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ds is 2.
    He has said oh sh!t, f.ck and refers to one of our cats as b!tch (yes bad mum)

I am trying to watch my mouth but I figure he doesn't know what they mean.

I am trying to watch my mouth particularly as I call the bird a c word a bit :/

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    my girl said "that toy is f#$$% sh%t" ..when she was almost 3

she has said p*ss off as well..

and f***

I ignored them..she hasn't said it again..thank god!!