+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Ending Friendships

How do you make the decision to end a friendship and when you have made that decision, how do you follow through with it?

I have a girlfriend who I have been close to for years. Over the past two years I have felt distant and used by her. She is not responding to my texts etc at the moment for whatever reason she has made up in her head..... I have no idea and I am so over the games.

I'm not the type of person to fall into this schoolgirl type crap and it's really draining. So I am now pondering whether our friendship is worth persuing. I hang on so tight as I remember how close and awesome our friendship used to be.

I feel like it could be there again but not with how she chooses to behave at the moment. What should I do? I just sent her a final text asking if she has a problem, why not just talk to me about it and IF she doesn't respond I told her I would stop contacting her as she obviously doesn't want anything to do with me. No reply.

What do I do now?? I have never been in this position before and to honest all these guessing games and ignornace is doing my head in.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'd just cease contacting her and quietly drop out of her life entirely.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would just stop making the effort. Let her get over whatever her issue is. You may just be going in different directions or at different stages of your lives.

I've never ended a friendship, more a matter of what i said above but i've always ended up in contact with them years later.

Thanks
    Reviews

i would just move on...
    i was in a similar situation... i just stopped caring and making an effort and then one day she text me
    "hey hon, how are you?"
    i still don't bother with her. she was the type to ask me to lunch but as soon as something better came up, she
    would just start ignoring my texts etc.
    and you could see everything she did via facebook...
    i got fed up after 8 months of her games.
    i have since made new friends
    op

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I agree with the PP's - just stop contacting her. It's very hard to let go though. You just have to be strong.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I have recently "culled" my friends. Most are girls I have been best friends with since high school. We are just on different wave lengths and it's getting harder and harder to find common ground with them. It's kind of been a long time coming, we would go ages without speaking then randomly have a chat but the time between contact got longer and longer. Then one day I decided enough was enough and deleted their numbers from my phone and deleted them off Facebook. To be honest I don't even think they noticed, which doesn't bother me. Just makes it easier for me, it's sad but it's life. I've shared a lot of special memories with these girls but the friendship has run its course. I now have a "new" group of friends who I have stuff in common with and the friendship doesn't feel forced. It's part of life.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    If I were you I would just cease contact and take her silence as an answer

I'm the type of person who needs to see her friends or at least have some communication often. If things become distant I start to wonder why and if there is still a friendship there or just memories.

Becks23 is offline thank you for a house full of people I love. Amen
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hugs for you Hun

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    You've said your piece, I would leave it and not text again unless she responds.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I would just leave it. You've contacted her asking what's wrong and she hasn't replied so I think there is your answer. Whatever is the issue she clearly is cutting ties with you. Kind of seems school yard to me. She should of at least replied to your message and said this is what I'm upset about and I don't wish us to be friends anymore.