+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lil miss View Post
    The child care is wrong about the $700, it is in fact the FTB that will be affected. But did you mean the health check only has to e done if on the parenting payment?
    No, it's the supplement people recieve in July/August that is taken. FTB will remain the same.

OP - I find it odd that you weren't informed and that your surgery has no idea about it - I wasn't sent a letter or such, but it has been on my online services for ages and they sent me an email via that. Your Surgery should know about it as it was introduced over 6months ago. It's actually a nurse that conducts the test but you have to go through your surgery(some kinders/CHCN can condutct the test too, but only a select few) as they also check hearing and sight etc. Could you perhaps try calling another centre and see if they can do the test for you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Bell & Bug View Post
    From the centrelink website:

If you are affected, you will receive a letter from the Family Assistance Office explaining what you need to do.

The Healthy Start for School initiative will affect you if you:

receive Family Tax Benefit Part A for a child turning four this financial year (between 1 July and 30 June), and
    you and/or your partner receive an income support payment from Centrelink (such as Parenting Payment or Newstart Allowance) or from the Department of Veterans’ Affairs.
    See now I am confused. I haven't received a income support payment for over 12 months, and yet they are still telling I have to have it done!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    More:

If your child is turning four years old and you and/or your partner receive an income support payment from Centrelink or the Department of Veterans’ Affairs, your supplement may be withheld if your child does not undergo a health check to ensure they are healthy, fit and ready to learn when they start school or you fail to advise the Family Assistance Office that your child has undergone a health check.

Mod-biscotti is offline Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I'm googling, here are some links that might be helpful

Here's a fact sheet - http://www.health.gov.au/internet/ma...et_for_parents

and from centrelink - http://www.centrelink.gov.au/interne...supplement.htm

and

http://www.centrelink.gov.au/interne...art_school.htm

Cheers
    Last edited by Mod-biscotti; 01-06-2012 at 15:47.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm still havig it done anyway BUT now I want to know why they are saying I have to have it done when I haven't received a parenting payment or anything for over 12 months. Faaaarrrk I HATE centrelink!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Our nurse at our medical centre told us it was purely for statistics. So DF and I have made the decision not to have it done.
    I'm appalled to read that a PPs DD had her urine tested??!!

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    You only have to have it done if you want the end of financial year ftb part a supplement. The one designed to stop you being over paid in ftb part a payments throughout the year it's done by centerlink after you &/ your partner have done your tax for the year. From memory the supplement is about $700 per child.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Our nurse at our medical centre told us it was purely for statistics. So DF and I have made the decision not to have it done.
    I'm appalled to read that a PPs DD had her urine tested??!!
    Probably testing for whatever is in your urine for diabetes??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermolicious View Post
    You only have to have it done if you want the end of financial year ftb part a supplement. The one designed to stop you being over paid in ftb part a payments throughout the year it's done by centerlink after you &/ your partner have done your tax for the year. From memory the supplement is about $700 per child.
    But only if you or you partner receive other centrelink support payments..
    From the centrelink website:

The Healthy Start for School initiative will affect you if you:

receive Family Tax Benefit Part A for a child turning four this financial year (between 1 July and 30 June), and
    you and/or your partner receive an income support payment from Centrelink (such as Parenting Payment or Newstart Allowance) or from the Department of Veterans’ Affairs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Oh odd I got told DS1 has to have it done and we don't get any other payments bar ftb part a&b???? Arh I'm on the hold to them already so I will ask them why!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast