+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by HouseOfFun View Post
    Does it have to be a doctor that does it to qualify for Centrelink or can the child health centre nurse do it? I think our local child health nurse does a check at 4 years old. Well, there is a spot in my son's health record book for it anyway.
    There is a check at 4 years usually when they do the immunisations, but this healthy kids check for centrelink is different to that.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SheWarrior For This Useful Post:

HouseOfFun  (01-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    So we went to his 4yo immunization this morning so I asked about it, with the practice nurses. Our gp has only gotten the testing booklets in the last week for this ... They looked really concerned that we were informed that it is mandatory. The info I was given from our kinder was not that we would lose the FTb but would lose the $700 payment we usually get at the eof year. I'm really concerned about this, that is a lot of money for us and I have received no notification from centrelink about this (my son turned 4 two weeks ago).
    So now I need to ring clink and find out what the hell is going on.
    IMO ... What an absolute waste of resources ... Why can't this be handled by a Mhn?? I don't like being effectively blackmailed to take my child to a dr just because we are a middle income (one wage family) who receives minimal $$ from clink! Our family gp delivered me and have a very long relationship with him myself and my kids - if there was an issue it would have been picked up

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Your childcare is wrong. It's only if you are on parenting payment..

Sent from my HTC Desire S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by bumMum View Post
    Your childcare is wrong. It's only if you are on parenting payment..

Sent from my HTC Desire S using BubHub
    The child care is wrong about the $700, it is in fact the FTB that will be affected. But did you mean the health check only has to e done if on the parenting payment?

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD had hers just yesterday. Through the kindy.

I'm VERY grateful for the system. It looks like she will need glasses (not 100% sure yet as the optometrist couldn't get an accurate prescription so need another eye test).

It can only be a good thing to have an extra check in place

Thanks
    Reviews
    And we don't get any centre link payments, we had it done anyway.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Ds1 has his on the 7th!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    We were told that there was a payment that you get if you do it, not that it affects your centrelink payments.
    I'm going to call them now, though, and ask.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    In all my letters and online reminders I have have in regards to it, I have never heard that you get a payment for having it done. I have always only been told that if you DON'T have it done, you can potentially lose your FTB. That's all. No 'reward' for having it done.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    From the centrelink website:

If you are affected, you will receive a letter from the Family Assistance Office explaining what you need to do.

The Healthy Start for School initiative will affect you if you:

receive Family Tax Benefit Part A for a child turning four this financial year (between 1 July and 30 June), and
    you and/or your partner receive an income support payment from Centrelink (such as Parenting Payment or Newstart Allowance) or from the Department of Veterans’ Affairs.