+ Reply to Thread
    StretchmarkBarbie is offline Senior Member
    Winner 2009- Best Username Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Totally crazy Christmas trip

Ok well 10 days before christmas we are jumping in a plane with our three kids, my 5 month old niece, my parents and 5 siblings.... To new York city!! Ekkk.

We are also going to LA, orlando and Vegas over an almost 5 week break.

Only thing is I have not flown in 20 years. I have no clue where to start with what my kids need and what I can take with us. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry, no advice but... TOTALLY JEALOUS!!! Sounds like an awesome trip!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Sounds great, we did similar but to Dubai, Germany and Amsterdam, was awesome, I was 7 months pregnant with number 4. Your kids will be fine on the plane, it is much easier than people make out, espeically now they have movies and games, so exciting!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well all the kids are totally spoilt by my folks. They have the tablet things, Nintendo hand held games, etc. we are flying and they have a "sofa" seat. So it's a big couch style chair that lays back into a double bed. They baby will also have a bassinet seat.

We have a lay over in Auckland for a few hours so going to make the kids go crazy and wear them out.

I'm terrified of flying. Already have nightmares about it all. The idea of being in a plane makes me ill. Hahah.

But it's going to be awesome! White christmas. Woot woot

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't even know if we can pack shampoo etc. hubby is having a great time laughing at me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I love the USA! I did that trip in 08, new years in New York was amazing!!! It wasn't snowing but it was -10! So I would definitely make sure you and all the kids have thick jackets/scarves/hats/gloves as you will definitely need them! The silly thing is Orlando will be warmish 25.• so you need to pack a lot! You can buy everything you need there ( Nappies/shampoo /food etc) just maybe check if they sell your formula if you use it , I have some great NYC restaurant recommendations if you need them!
    Oh and just take loads of money as the shopping is unbelievable ( especially kids stuff!)
    Last edited by Elijahs Mum; 01-06-2012 at 10:58.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow! You lucky thing im so jealous!!With what to take just remember its america you can do a run to the supermarket the day you arrive & stock up on everything especially toiletries etcHave fun!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Are you my SIL???!!! lol We leave the same day for 4 weeks in Canada and the US - Orlando, Toronto (Christmas and New Years), Washington, NY (my birthday - woot!), Vegas and San Fran...so very excited!!! There are 19 of us travelling (my family plus all the various partners and children and my Grandmother)... very excited but also a very daunting thought.... (wonder if we're on the same flight, given that we have the same stop over so probably the same airline!)

Two pieces of advice that we've been given so far...you don't get fed on internal flights in the US so be prepared for that....and also keep in mind the fact that while you can have the 32 kgs on international flights, it's only 20ish internal...so don't go over prepared or do too much shopping in the first legs....otherwise you may just have to pay or turf it!

I'm quite nervous about the flights too...not on my behalf, but DH and I went to NZ last year and he passed out on the plane (as in stopped breathing and then came too)...it os something that does happen due to his blood pressure meds, but was stressful enough on a 3 hr trip let alone a 20 hrs one with kids in tow too....will be interesting