+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Trying to pm you but your inbox is full!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

rainbow road  (01-06-2012)

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JaneDoe View Post
    I wanna start by saying I wish for nothing but success with your attempts for a baby and hope it does happen quickly for you both

BUT I would not base any of the leave on a baby that is not yet conceived - you don't want the leave to end up being a reminder of when 'baby would have been born' if things don't work out exactly as you wanted iykwim?

I am certain once your baby arrives your DP will be able to get some paternity leave

Try not to stress to much, think of the leave as just a break from work not time off for a baby
    We aren't going to bank on it happening but I guess because we're going through a clinic, I'm still young and the only fertility problem we have is being lesbians (lol) we know we have a reasonably good chance at falling in the first three goes according to the FS anyway... so we're hoping even if a baby isn't due then, I'll be pregnant and either way it'll be nice to spend time with DP.

And since we'll be saving my whole income once we've moved into our new place to practice living on one income we don't really want to go on a particularly big holiday. If DP did, we'd plan that for June or whatever, but she would rather stay at home and watch movies. Crazy girl!

I hope she can get some kind of unpaid parental leave though will look into it before her annual leave application is due!

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Atropos- I deleted my inbox

Mrsdj...actually not sure. She may be able to take it in two week blocks, but not sure if they can be too close together. Gah.

I think we'll just do october anyway and then we can play the rest by ear...