+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Baby measuring 12lbs - will I be refused a c section at the mercy Melbourne?

Hi!

So I had a growth scan tonight and bubs is measuring 5.7kg or 12lbs, I'm 39+3 - do you think the mercy in Melbourne (public patient) will give me a c section because of the size or will I be forced to try it naturally first?

I'm really scared.......... I see the dr tomorrow and am hoping they rush me through, I don't want bubs to grow anymore

Thanks
    Reviews
    Growth scans are rarely accurate. Seems like it would be way off for bub to be weighing that much. Do you have GD?

Thanks
    Reviews
    No I don't, but I have a feeling that I do because I vomited the mixture up and they did the test anyway, I had glucose in my urine last appointment and have been measuring 3 weeks ahead for the last 3 months - just to look at I am massive, so I don't know I they are really that wrong....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Can they test you for gd again? Sorry no experience with this but that sounds unusual. Not many babies are that big I don't think.. I know a young girl here who birthed an eleven pound baby naturally but.. you still have a while to go so yes the baby could grow more.. however those scans are definitely famously wrong!

Sent from my HTC Desire S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Why are you having a growth scan so close to your due date? Most people I know who have had a really big baby or looks like they are going to have been induced or c-section before their due date. Not that they've had ones that big.
    Hope you get some answers soon, fingers crossed it's inaccurate!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Whatever the outcome is - I wish you the best of luck.

Sounds as though you better stock up on the size 00 clothes!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Bboys View Post
    Whatever the outcome is - I wish you the best of luck.

Sounds as though you better stock up on the size 00 clothes!!!
    Ditto, good luck OP!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone - very interested to see what the dr says tomorrow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Wow, would like to know the real weight when bubs arrives. I doubt he/she would be 12 pounds though. I do believe scans are inaccurate. They were VERY inaccurate with my growth scan, which was lucky in this case. The lady who did the scan said it could be 500gr more or less of the weight she gave me. It was either going to be 2kg or 3kg and in this case bubs was 3kg (thank God).
    So there was a 500gr variable. Seeing as your bub is a lot bigger, the room for error would be larger than 500gr as well. I hope for your sake anyway

Goodluck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Good luck my scan was accurate (to the pound).

Unless there is a medical condition or you go private, then they push (no pun intended) for natural birth.

I'm sure there are some lovely hubbers who can offer advice on getting through it.

Personally, I'd be taking all the drugs they have and hoping for the best. Last I heard they don't give medals anymore :-D