+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Try to clean as much as possible, an every second day after defies to school u go to my mums, help her tidy up and ds plays with my baby sister. Mum hasn't been too well lately, but other than that try to clean, although it never looks like I do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Totally get it - feel the same a lot of the time - I find I feel entirely different on different days though! But yes DS is 21 months and I'm itching to get out and have a life again.

And that's the key - yes you're busy, it's hard work BUT, we spend all our time caring for and stimulating our children and get no actual stimulation ourselves. It's even harder for me because I have no-one who comes home at the end of the day that I can unwind with, chat with, who stimulates me. No-one looks after me and I'm feeling it big time at this point.

You said you have no friends and no social existence. This makes it extremely hard to cope for anyone and it's no surprise at all that you're bored! I can only suggest getting out to the park and chatting to other Mums/dads as much as you possibly can. We all relatereally well when we chat about motherhood. Often, complete strangers save my sanity!

It's also a tough age becuase toddlers run off etc and need a controlled environment - I can't take my toddler anywhere anymore as he ALWAYS runs off and tries to jump off cliffs etc. He needs a controlled environment and I'm thinking of putting him in to his daycare/centre full-time and returning to work full-time for a while as I feel he'll be better off. I too stressed right now to cope and he gets bored so easily at home and the places I can take him are limited.

Think about putting the kiddies in occasional care so you can go to the gym, shopping, a walk, coffee, whatever you like. Study will be great, good luck with it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I go out every day. We've got our routine now, so one day is playgroup, one is walking with friends, gymnastics, coffee, etc. Used to do rhyme time too.

That's all in the morning, so then I come home and put DD down for a midday nap. Then in the afternoon we play at home, or I meet friends (more coffee), or we go to the park, or shopping centre.

I didn't have friends with kids when I had DD, but have made friends locally through joining things like playgroup. That's a big help if you're feeling a bit lonely.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    OP. I was a single SAHM for approx a year (I think) and it's really hard finding things to do with so little funds.

I used to try to 'break up' the week. On weekends I'd go and visit mum and dad, have a sleepover there every now and again for some adult company.

On Mondays we'd go to kindergym.

On Tuesdays he went to occasional care from 12-3 pm and I'd go to the shops, have a coffee, watch TV, whatever I felt like.

On Fridays I took him to toddler swimming lessons.

We used to go for a walk, even if just around a few blocks, every evening just to break up the day.

Sometimes I think it's so much easier to keep occupied with just the one child (for now, for you ) if you have some kind of hobby that they can 'help' you with..like gardening.

I also had a fairly strict (on weeknights anyway) 7 pm bed time for him, even if it meant him sleeping in my bed occasionally, so I could watch a movie or read a book etc.

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Clean, play with the kids and do their therapy work, prepare meals, when ds#2 settles down for his nap, i put ln my favorite tv show. Go on fb or bubhub, then its homework time and more therapy work, trips to speech, ot therapist etc. (when dh gets home, cause i dont drive) or a walk to the park if the weather permits. then i goto gym or zumba in the evening. And watch a movie or whatever till bed.

We dont do swimming, or kindy gym, or playgroups or whatever.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Clean...once i finish i start all over again...my little darling thinks shes helping mummy...but she definitely isn't

i also prepare dinner, run errands, play with dd and plan our wedding (when i find time)

Sent from my GT-I5503T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We do kinder gym, playgroup & swimming...play dates & library in the mornings...nap time 12-2 & school & kindy runs...flat out now DS is in school & DD1 kindy, i also help out at the school & Saturday is all day activities & sport.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I sew. Its my sanity saver. To avoid the fabric expense I buy material from op shops (wash thoroughly) and I also cut up my kids clothes they've grown out of and use them to make patchwork clothes, hats, etc. Cheap old suit jackets from op shopscan become awesome hats.

And I study, but that's not as much fun as sewing.

And clean. But that's even less fun than study.

And bake. Which I don't love, but DS does, so I force myself to bake muffins, and biscuits, and gingerbread, and pizzas for his sake...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am only new at this (Bub is 6 weeks old) but so far it goes a little something like this...
    3-4am feed Bub, put him back to sleep, express
    4:30-5am back to sleep
    6-7am wake up, feed Bub
    7-8:30am cuddle and soothe (not a morning boy lol)
    9am try to make DP to look after Bub so I can shower
    9:05am out of shower, find Bub crying and DP snoring
    9:30am feed Bub then put him down to sleep
    10am wake DP and make breakfast for her
    10:30am clean and do washing
    11:30am feed Bub again then bath then put him down to sleep
    No idea what happens between 1 and 2 lol. I guess i have lunch?
    2pm feed again
    2:30pm organise dinner (slow cooker) clean house
    Then another blank til 5pm feed
    5:30pm dinner for us
    6:30pm another feed, story and bed for Bub
    Then DP and I hang out til bed at 10:30pm ish when I express
    11:30pm DP gives Bub a bottle

And DP's day - sleep, eat, nap, eat, repeat. Work two nights a week, tafe two afternoons (sometimes).

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub
    Last edited by Alphabetsoup; 01-06-2012 at 15:13.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Man, when I was on mat leave I was soooo busy! Breast feeding takes a fair bit of time, rocking baby to sleep, in my case I had to go for heaps of walks as she only would day sleep in the pram while it was going! Plus as she was a reflux baby, comforting her, cleaning up spew, washing, more washing, making baby food, op shopping for baby clothes, going for weigh ins and check up at the health nurse as she wasnt putting on weight, plus we had a lot of work needing to be done on the house and garden, plus my MIL is sick, and my dad was sick while I was on Mat leave so I spent a fair bit of time visiting them. Plus helping out a couple of friends who had bad personal problems during that time! Geeze I think I was busier than now I work full time!!!

eta oh and also trying to do as much as possible for DH as he was working full time in a demanding job, studies and does heaps on the house. So I made sure I had dinner ready, did all the washing and cleaning etc... he did the same for me when he was the SAHP. somehow now we both work full time and he still studies and we manage to get by
    Last edited by soccer mum; 01-06-2012 at 15:07.