+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm not really a full time SAHM anymore, but when I was I used to keep rather busy. I did go out a lot though, and my kids did a few activities which took up a big chunk of the day. We used to bake a lot (because I am a sweet tooth.) And I would do things I enjoyed during the day while they played like lie outside reading a book. I came on here a bit during the day as well! I went through a phase of making juice every day for morning tea and I'd make myself a really nice lunch and sit outside with the kids to eat it. I probably used to spend a couple of hours on the phone most days. I'd take the dogs for a walk most afternoons. My life is in a mess at the moment but I'd like to settle down into some kind of routine again.

If you are really finding it boring could you study or something? Or concentrate on something for YOU once the housework is all done?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I work 2 days a week (weekend work) but when I'm home during the week I feel like the there is never enough hours in the day.
    Most the time I feel like I follow DS around the house cleaning up were ever he has been untill I go mad and have to get out the house. We go to the park or for a walk and kidygym once a week. Lately we have got into baking he loves to help make something to show Daddy when he gets home. Then we do it all again the next day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    O my goodness i have the opposite problem! The days fly by and i feel like there is never enough hours in the day! Mind u im a real home body so im in my element...we arent all like that! We do stuff around here mainly, Alot of my.friends are Sahms too (husbands work) and i catch up with my sister who has a 3 month old for lunch and we go to the country to visit my mum, go to the library, park etc.......i have other commitments too and study....i honestly dont know how id fit a job in lol. I have no desire to return to work. I love being a SAHM sooo much

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub
    Last edited by ShanandBoc; 01-06-2012 at 00:27.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I don't have enough hours in the day either. I can never get anything done. I have one a school, and 3 under 3 at home with me. If the twins sleep then I get a couple of hours to do housework and stuff like that, but if they don't they demand full attention and I can get nothing done. I need a wife or something

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have just started my mat leave so I will be using my DD's 2 daycare days to catch up on some zzzz's and major housework till new bubba arrives.

mon - morning - home time (housework and we are home to visitors)
    afternoon - mothers group
    tues - DD in daycare so major cleaning/cooking
    wed - DD in daycare so appts and resting
    thurs - morning - housework and library time (hoping to find a new playgroup)
    afternoon - DH is home so its my time to do whatever I want
    Fri - morning - kindergym
    afternoon - home time (for visitors)
    Sat - morning - my time as mum comes over to babysit DD (I usually worked sat mornings so not sure what to do now with it)
    afternoon - shops with DH and DD (unless we have a party/event/gathering)
    Sun - morning - church
    afternoon - family time (extended family either visits us or we visit them)

we are up every morning by 6am, breakfasted and dressed by 7am. On all days bar tues/wed - DD watches TV for an hour whilst I cook/dishes/laundry/tidy up
    If we are heading out then thats it... but on my specific housework days I'll do the bathrooms/floors/windows etc. I also cook for my grandparents so will bake 2-3 times a week as well.

Evenings are dinner at 5, DD generally in bed by 7.30/8 and then DH and I have some time to ourselves but I'm usually pretty tuckered out and in bed by 8.30/9pm.

I agree with PP - you need to leave the house everyday and give yourself specific tasks to do each day. I also found being at home all day extremely boring so I worked out what chores to do on what day and broke each day up into sessions. My house is usually very clean and I always have homemade biscuits/cake/muffins in the pantry/fridge.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    DD goes to some kind of playgroup or activity once a day which is my sanity!
    We do a LOT of craft together.

I have recently started working at home which is EXTREMELY hard and time consuming so DDs not real happy about the attention not being all on her.

We are pretty busy most days actually.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Before bub, I was used to a really active and busy schedule with work and travel etc so for me the key is keeping busy and social.

DS is 5 months so i do mums and Bubs fitness, walks with girlfriends and their Bubs, mothers group, visiting friends, cooking, cleaning, seeing nana and family etc. I make sure I have something to look forward to every day and get out of the house - it actually helps me be more productive with housework when I have an activity planned and I appreciate the time at home to relax and read, play with DS. I know this precious time will not last forever so I am embracing it while I can!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    I don't have enough hours in the day either. I need a wife or something
    Bahaha!!!

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Take care of my son. Take him swimming lessons, park etc. Yeah stuff like that. Try and catch up with friends. Clean the house.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmi View Post
    I clean, all day and idk how come I get nowhere

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub
    Yep know that feeling