+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Oh I hear your pain! Housework drives me crazy, I find my mind wanders to past and future, I have to watch it or I get carried away with my thoughts. I relied heavily on playgroups to get me out of the house, and now that they are older we do a couple of activities, kindy and playdates, mostly with mums i met through playgroups etc. One of the mums in my mums group lives around the corner which was nice when the kids were really little cos I knew nobody in my area when they were born. Apart from that it was park, park park, shops, and spending time online so I had some adult interaction while DH was at work.

What kind of things would you be interested in doing if you could?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Each day is different but is split into 2 as DS naps from 12-2. In the morning we do either playgroup, playdate, library, music class, grocery shopping, general shopping, park, play centre - anything that requires us to leave the house. In the afternoon he either plays outside or inside while I clean or bake (sometimes he helps) or we read, go to the park, go for a walk, go to the play centre or pick up random groceries. Once ever couple of weeks we'll have something on that takes up most of the day and he'll sleep in the car whenever. When he's playing alone at home I use that time to clean. Sometimes I clean before he wakes up.

Our days start around 7.30 and by the time we're dressed, breakfasted and ready to go it's about 9am. I always hang out a load of washing in the morning as well.

During his nap time I have lunch, catch up on FB and BH, pay bills, do online shopping and general Internet trawling and often have a nap.

I rarely get bored. By 5.30pm when I start dinner, I'm knackered. The TV goes on and DS amuses himself until DH gets home at 6.30, then we have dinner and the bedtime routine starts. My day doesn't end until about 8pm.

I can only anticipate how much busier I'll be in a few weeks when #2 comes along.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Moxy For This Useful Post:

lovemyfamily  (31-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I go exploring. I waste tons of fuel driving to places I've driven past signs for, just so I can see what it's like. We find a park there and have a play.

I try to do a few play dates and playgroups, my kids have a school playgroup they attend in preparation for their school.

I visit a few oldies I know who really enjoy our visits. The people I see are from church, but there might be a retirement village who can hook you up with some. I find them such a pleasure to be around, so wise sometimes and so behind the times at other times, but very sweet and adore seeing the babies.

We have a backyard full of fun and I quite like lying out reading a book in the hammock while the kids amuse each other.

I go to empty sports fields and kick a ball around for the babies to chase.

It just feels good being out of the house sometimes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Up until this week I was only a part-time SAHM and still struggled to fill my days. DD still goes to daycare 2 days week cause she loves it and gives me time for me, to rest (33 weeks preg) and do housework. When DD is home we have what we call mummy days sometimes we stay home and play or watch a movie etc. Other times we go walking, to the park or visiting my sister and the cousins.

I can see myself getting very bored very quickly (even though I love being home with my girl) cause I'm used to working!!! Maybe I might be too tired to care either lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    I could have written this when I had 1. I was bored, so bored. I loved her to bits but it just didn't feel right.
    Then when DD1 was 26 months I had DD2 and it just became awesome. It felt so right we were busy with the new baby and she was becoming a little person which is so much funnier.
    Now with 3 kids an 1 on the way I am very busy and I love it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    When I was a full time SAHM I made sure we got out of the house every day. I went mad otherwise. I usually drive to do a big grocery shop but found I'd walk and get a few things each day just to get out the house.
    That was from newborn up to about 10 months. For an older kid I imagine it's much harder.

Can you try get to play group or baby/toddler rhyme time at the library? Catch up with friends for coffee? I guess it'll be hard with a newly for a couple of weeks but I bet you'll get into a routine soon enough.

Good luck and congratulations

Ps- fwiw I found being a full time SAHM mum harder than being back at work part time so I totally get what you mean about 'what do you do all day?' as I always felt I wasn't doing enough...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I find I'm much busier now I have a school aged child. It's school run, gym, home to clean and cook school run after school activities homework dinner bed and sometimes I get in another gym session... Busy busy busy

---------
    Mummie to
    Lucy Alys (July '06)
    Minnie Audrey (July '09)
    Pippi Violet (oct '11)

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    We are really busy!
    Mon Toddler gym 10-11 ( go to the gym and DH takes DD) then Swim 1130-1230 Nap 1-3 (and I nap too these days) Then I cook/tidy kitchen/ mop floor while DD has arvo tea
    Tues 10-12 play in the park and rhyme time, then DD goes with my mum and DH either have lunch out, or do household stuff
    Weds Playgroup 9-12 then I nap and we pick DH up at 4pm and usually stop at the shops on the way home
    Thurs DD goes to daycare, and I do the major housework/laundry/bins, plus cook a bulk meal, and sometimes have my nieces after school, until bil finishes work (sometimes 9pm!)
    Fri Rhyme time and booby group, and I meet my sister for coffee, or pick up her girls from kindy for a sleepover while BIL and my sister are working
    Sat/Sun Usually see family on one day, have a BBQ, play at my sisters, etc
    I tidy the lounge/toys every night before bed and tidy the kitchen each morning while cooking brekkie.

ToughLove is offline Meaner than a junkyard dog
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Member
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Recline on my velvet lounge, watch Days of Our Lives and gorge on chocolate covered cherries, of course

I take DD to school, come home, do the breakfast dishes, wipe the benches, clean the stove, do an hour on the WiiFit, take a shower after that, while I'm showering I wash the shower/bath out, then wipe down the mirror, make sure the facecloths and towels are in their places and don't need washing.
    Go outside to turn the chicken's hay, top up fresh water for all animals and fresh food for the free-fed animals, spray and hang out the dog's bedding if it's a nice day, sweep out their runs, bring in the chook eggs.
    Sweep and mop the floors, vaccum the carpeted areas, make myself lunch, do an hour of training with the dogs, then leave to pick up DD.

Come home, do an hour of combined reading/science/math homework with her, give her an after school snack, while she plays outside or in her play room I do some sewing {I hand make children's and baby items to sell online}, and make sure everything is set for dinner.

Then DH comes home, I make and serve dinner, showers/baths, bedtime story, kisses all around, dogs go to the final toilet break then locked in their runs, bedtime {and by that I mean popcorn and Supernatural with DH in bed}

I mix it up with library visits, gaming days with friends, walks with the dogs, things like that.

I'm never bored; I LOVE my job! I graduated with a 97.5 and have a 172 I.Q but being a SAHM satisfies me soul-deep like nothing I've ever done before.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm due tomorrow, and wondering what I'm going to do with myself! Not that there is no work to do at home, but in the job I just finished up today I saw people all day long and I'm a very social person, but most of my friends are childless and working so I am expecting long stretches with a baby who isn't a great conversationalist!