+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default I feel stupid.

So I found out yesterday that I'm 5 weeks pregnant. I was shopping and got chatting with this really friendly shop assistant. I ended up blabbing that I am 5 weeks pregnant after she mentioned that she was. She asked me when I was due and I said "October".

Um, so apparently I'm five weeks pregnant and due in 4 months? What the? My doctor today estimated that I would be due roughly JANUARY 30th. She gave me this polite, cold kind of smile and excused herself. Now I look like some freak lying about her pregnancy...! It didn't click with what I'd said until a few minutes later when I replayed in my head. DF's birthday is in October and I was thinking earlier about this surprise trip that I'm planning, which is why I figure I said that month instead.

So mortified..!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Lol hey if she thought you meant 5 months then you would be due around October!

Don't worry I have pregnancy brain farts all the time.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to brooke88(mum2b09) For This Useful Post:

EchoSummers  (31-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Meh, stuff happens. At least she's not someone that you have to deal with on an ongoing basis. Don't feel stupid - let it go.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-xkwzit For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    lol, I have them all the time, don't worry about it... least you didn't know her personally and will never see her again.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to GlitterFarts For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Oh hun Lol.. don't sweat it! That sounds like something I would do!
    You gave me a big laugh reading this

Blame it on baby brain

Big congrats on your pregnancy!!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    At least if I knew her personally she'd see eventually that I wasn't lying! Haha. Thank s for making me feel less like a total freak. I didn't know pregnancy brain was a real thing until now! I wonder what more I have to look forward to...

Mod-biscotti is offline Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EchoSummers View Post
    I didn't know pregnancy brain was a real thing until now! I wonder what more I have to look forward to...
    oh the fun is only just starting

In my first pregnancy I had to fill out a form (can't remember what for ) and in the space for phone number, I wrote my phone number from 1988.

In that same pregnancy, I went to make a cup of instant coffee and filled the moccona jar with boiling water.

and congrats

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-biscotti For This Useful Post:

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Lol she was probably madly jealous of your super-speedy pregnancy, while she has to sweat through all 9 months

Congrats on your pregnancy too

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Gothel For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    On August 9th I went to the doctor to get our suspected pregnancy confirmed. I came home and told my husband that the baby was due August 10th. It took a little while for me to understand his disbelief, and I corrected myself to April 10th.

Thanks
    Reviews
    HaHaHa I love baby brain. I filled the kettle with milk and did all sorts of odd stuff.

I'm sure everyone does something. My sister ran into a post with her car. She had been parking next to it for years and just said "I forgot to turn"

At least you didn't break anything !!!