+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Fed up- rant

I am so over getting notes home from school about DS behaviour. I honestly don't have the energy for it anymore. I know that's bad. These things that are happening at school aren't seen at home. Things are calm and yet these letters impact on the mood at home. I'm not saying we shouldn't take responsibility for DS but just that's it's frustrating and hurtful to think everything is going well but no, it's just as bad as always. I want to cry and scream all at the same time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Hedda, have you spoken to DS school principal or teacher about the notes?

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep basically we have gotten a whole lot of your son did this. What are you going to do about it. For 2 years we have begged for them to refer him. Now we are going to a pyschologist and a pediatrician. But things won't change overnight and all these notes just put extra pressure on us as a family. I feel completely unsupported. Also just when we feel like we are making steps in the right direction we get another letter.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Have you and the school drawn up a plan and also discussed Ds's behavior with him? What contigencies have the school got in place to deal with him?

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WorkingClassMum For This Useful Post:

Mod-Myztik  (31-05-2012),Mod-Nomsie  (31-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It sounds like you guys need a plan.

The communication is not working.

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Quote Originally Posted by WorkingClassMum View Post
    Have you and the school drawn up a plan and also discussed Ds's behavior with him? What contigencies have the school got in place to deal with him?

I agree with WCM- I can't understand how- if he is such an issue for them- they haven't taken any steps to deal with it?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    They have not much. There is no individual beh plan. They wrote a letter to take to the pychologist saying they have a comprehensive beh plan that DS does not fit into.

Mod-biscotti is offline Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    How old is he? How long has he been at school?
    Your sig says he's 4, is that his current age?

Thanks
    Reviews
    He is in grade 1. Just fixed signature. He has been at the school since prep last year.
    Last edited by Hedda; 01-06-2012 at 10:11.