+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Dates!!!!

After 2 scans my EDD due date has changed 3 times already!!

How accurate are those portable ultrasound machines used in dr's offices?

My LMP was 26th of March and we only DTD on the 13th & 14th of April (I got a BFP at 10 days past the 13th) so by my dates I would be due on 31st of December. By the first scan my date changed to the 4th of Jan and then second scan the 7th of Jan.

I'm now confused about how many weeks I am!!!

Any suggestions?

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's hard to pinpoint exact dates, even if u KNOW when u DTD, u don't actually KNOW when the egg was fertilized, or when it implanted. I did IVF so I know EXACTLY when the eggs was fertilized, but still my due date was a few days off prob coz it took the maximum time to implant..

Even with due dates, that's more of a "guide" to base baby's growth on etc so u know the pregnancy is progressing normally. Only a small percentage of women deliver on their due dates.

I think the 12 week scan will give u your best estimate, and they won't change ur EDD anymore after this scan as they get less accurate.. If ur GP/OB isn't concerned, then it's fine. Only time it's a worry is if baby is measuring weeks behind, like an 8 wk baby is measuring 6 weeks (and even then there could be a good reason)

Try not to stress

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    I'd look on the bright side - if 'their' due date is a week past yours, you've got an extra week to bake before they'll induce .

I think it's pretty normal for dates to change in the first trimester - my SIL thinks she is due 29/12 but the hospital thinks 2/01.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have had 3 EDD's too. Based on LMP it should be 27/11, dating scan changed that to 4/12. NT scan last week adjusted it to 28/11. The scan operator said it can change for a number of reasons, but could be due to not correctly identifying the crown to rump measurement at the dating scan. Mine won't change again now, which is good to know.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have 4 EDDs according to the US

none of which correlate to when I actually had sex. It can take 3-6 days for sperm to meet egg to implant.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you were sure of your ovulation date I'd go with dates that matched that give or take a few days for implantation. I think it's more accurate as ultrasound depends on skill of operator etc.

This is for how far along you are.

A really tiny percentage give birth on due date so makes no difference at that end. I had about 3 dates last time and gave birth on the one I calculated based on ovulation. That was probably a fluke

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your responses. I'm going to stick with my dates for now as I got my BFP at what I thought was 10dpo and going on the ultrasound dates it would have only been 3dpo.