+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi lilbabysteps,
    Oh my god, congratulations on your twins!! I read your post-tag line thingy that you have two on board! I'm actually watching "Jon and Kate + 8" on Discover right now and their twins are too cute. Good luck with everything!

Unfortunately our attempts at TTC are on hold because the donor has gotten cold feet once he spoke to his lawyer about drawing up a standard donor contract (to relinquish full parental responsibility to us and removing him from the legal picture). His lawyers official statement regarding donation was "as your friend and your lawyer I'm saying do NOT do it. I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole", so now he isn't.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BeansnDuckie View Post
    Hi lilbabysteps,
    Oh my god, congratulations on your twins!! I read your post-tag line thingy that you have two on board! I'm actually watching "Jon and Kate + 8" on Discover right now and their twins are too cute. Good luck with everything!

Unfortunately our attempts at TTC are on hold because the donor has gotten cold feet once he spoke to his lawyer about drawing up a standard donor contract (to relinquish full parental responsibility to us and removing him from the legal picture). His lawyers official statement regarding donation was "as your friend and your lawyer I'm saying do NOT do it. I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole", so now he isn't.
    Oh no Beans! That's not fair!!! Im so sorry your donor pulled out!!! I had a previous donor actually ask us if he could help and then when it came time to do it he also got cold feet. I dont think the realise just how devastating it really is. It feels like you have already lost something before you even have a chance to start. I'm so sorry Just keep putting your pennies away so you have a back up plan. That's what we did. We have known and unknown donors on ice just in case. It is more expensive to buy and to store it all but what's money when you want a family. A lot of sacrifices had to be made!. Hang in there......

AFM, yep, 2 babies on board! Can you believe it?? We are 10 weeks tomorrow and still in the danger zone. I worry about EVERYTHING! but I guess that's just natural to be concerned. I have had a few scares, ya know, a couple of bleeds but each scan I have they are getting bigger and stronger so I guess I just have to take it easy.

I will have my fingers crossed for you Beans....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Same-sex Couple TTC

Dropping in to say hello. Not sure if I have posted in here previously. Currently my DP and I are in limbo as my DP just had a MC. We have 4 frosties so hopefully we can have some transferred b4 the end of the year. Good luck to all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Fingerscrossd11 View Post
    Dropping in to say hello. Not sure if I have posted in here previously. Currently my DP and I are in limbo as my DP just had a MC. We have 4 frosties so hopefully we can have some transferred b4 the end of the year. Good luck to all
    Oh no Fingerscrossed That's terribly sad news, I'm so sorry for your loss

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks, we are getting through it
    Looking to the future, it's all we can do

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Fingerscrossd11 For This Useful Post:

lilbabysteps  (29-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

We are back
    after my DP's miscarriage, the elusive period has come and we start gonal on Sunday for FET. Hope this one goes further than the last and we get a baby fingers tightly crossed

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Fingerscrossd11 For This Useful Post:

lilbabysteps  (24-11-2012)

Veritas is offline Diversity has value.... How boring would the world be if everyone was just like you...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Hugs fingerscrossed! That sucks for you gals but hopefully next time is it.

Wonderful thread to read lilbabysteps and massive congrats on the twins. I have twin nephews and there are adorable.

We've just changed to a local fs after travelling to Sydney for 3 iui's that were unsuccessful. Had similar frustrations in feeling like just a number, like we were fluffed off quite a lot and our treatment seemed to be all over the place. Will be starting ivf with the new clinic hopefully in the new year. Our experience with them already has been a million fold better. Hoping we have the same level of success you had :-)

I totally get what you were saying earlier about being frustrated, feeling like you'd wasted time, money and emotions. That's where we are at now, but ready to move onwards and upwards.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Fingerscrossd11 View Post
    We are back
    after my DP's miscarriage, the elusive period has come and we start gonal on Sunday for FET. Hope this one goes further than the last and we get a baby fingers tightly crossed
    Yay!!! Nice to see you continuing your journey! Keep us posted

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Veritas View Post
    Hugs fingerscrossed! That sucks for you gals but hopefully next time is it.

Wonderful thread to read lilbabysteps and massive congrats on the twins. I have twin nephews and there are adorable.

We've just changed to a local fs after travelling to Sydney for 3 iui's that were unsuccessful. Had similar frustrations in feeling like just a number, like we were fluffed off quite a lot and our treatment seemed to be all over the place. Will be starting ivf with the new clinic hopefully in the new year. Our experience with them already has been a million fold better. Hoping we have the same level of success you had :-)

I totally get what you were saying earlier about being frustrated, feeling like you'd wasted time, money and emotions. That's where we are at now, but ready to move onwards and upwards.
    Hey Veritas,

Moving clinics is scary but I would never hesitate again! best thing we ever did!!! I'm glad it was the same for you! Always that risk of jumping from the cauldron into the fire !! so I'm glad it worked out Best of luck on your journey.... I hope it is really short!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats lilbabysteps on your twins!! My partner and I have twins, boy/girl, that I gave birth to and also a boy that DP gave birth to, all using the same donor. We are currently in the middle of the dreaded TWW trying for baby #4 (DP again). We had ICSI 2 embies transferred 9 days ago and secretly hoping for another set of twins!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Samoht For This Useful Post:

lilbabysteps  (15-12-2012)