+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Well it's awesome if he doesnt

Green Mum to be is offline Just one baby pretty pretty please with sprinkles and a cherry on top
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi

This is a massive thread that i have just dropped in the end of but a big hello.

DP and i have been trying for nearly four years now with natural, icsi and now donor eggs as well - i have a TTC diary for the long version and it's in my signature as well.

Good luck and i'm happy to answer any questions

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi lilbabysteps,
    For us, IUI would be preferable, but the financial burden is far too heavy and so we decided to use our married friend and try it "the old fashioned way" with a ovulation thermomiter, a sterile cup, a syringe and the married donor next door - its the oldest story in the book, isnt it? Heh.

Yes we've touched on the legalities and i think we'll also enlist the guidance of a lawyer at some point just to double check our parental rights. The donor is a good friend with a wife and child already (wife is supportive) and so is just helping us reach our baby dreams. In WA both mothers can be listed as parents but I need to work out all the fine details regarding the paternal rights (if any) of a home insemination donor - I'm pretty sure a donor can't claim any rights as long as the insemination was artificial with no intercourse. But thats where the internet gets foggy, hence the planned visit to a lawyer. The donor has made it clear that he wants no parental link to the child, but we're just playing it safe.
    Baby dust for you too!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi rainbow road,
    Oh its good to hear there are other lesbian couples out there who are TTC in the younger age brackets - everywhere I go it seems to be that all those TTC and with new babies are well onto their 30's. Do you ever consider the particular hardships we might face as both young parents and lesbian parents? Sometimes I wonder if the "double whammy" of two potentially negatively percieved stereotypes will make life that little bit more difficult. How old is your partner and who will be carrying? We are going to "take turns" with her up first.
    Good luck for when you start TTC, too!

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I think I'm more worried about the age thing than the gay thing, as I live in a very gay friendly part of town! DP is 26 but I'm going first as she's new into her career so wants to make sure we are all set up in that way

i guess no one can argue that a lesbian couple had an unplanned pregnancy though

We start next month (3 weeks more like!) so I'm having fertility boosting acupuncture tomorrow and taking vitamins and just doing all I can to up our chances of falling pregnant quickly!

Thanks
    Reviews
    There are books to explain family make ups and stories about kids with 2 mums and being conceived by ivf and all that. I think when your child is of school age that a chat with the school and if they support the cultural identity of children from gay family's is active and open in the school.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah, broomdyke, that's definately a good idea, but that being said - schools are generally easier to deal with because they have a structure and protocol to deal with these types of things. Its society at large that I would be more
    concerned about. My partner and I have, luckily, never experianced any true stigma regarding our relationship so I guess it will be the same with having children in the mix. Unfortunately, we live in quite a Catholic neighbourhood - hopefully our good luck continues.

Oh good luck, rainbowroad, its all so exciting. We won't start TTC till September but have already gone into baby planning overdrive. It will be hard holding out till then, I think the estrogen has definately started flooding in. The age thing only worries me because I dont see/know many mothers under 25 and although I know we are ready and prepared and that the "unplanned, broke, single, uneducated" negative stereotype so doesnt apply, I dont want our baby to be impacted by societies perception. I guess it just might be a matter of needing to care less about our outside image?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Stop stressing lmao there are heaps of young mums out there it's really none of our business whether they are single or financially stable and the funny thing is its just not an age thing, it happens to older people too!!!! People you don't know aren't going to know your in a lesbian relationship with a baby and if they see you as a lesbian couple they prolly think that ur babysitting ur niece/nephew or something. Reality is who cares what the general public think!!!!!! I think its harder when people in your life are hurtful about the situation like bubs grandparents. I spoke about school because it's where the child socializes without you controlling who they are around and I think that will be very hard for the child if things haven't been spoken to them and especially if things haven't been spoken to children in the class. You don't have to point out this kid has 2 mums but pray that kids will show respect to ur child. Its not about us it's about the welfare of the child.

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Every mum is judged for something! Try not to let it bother you. Just love your kids, and teach them to be less judgmental than those around them

I had my first acupuncture session today, it went well and apparently I am the picture of health and fertility so fingers crossed it happens quickly!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey girls, well im back again for a little update. Had EPU yesterday, they said they got 9 which I believe wasn't too bad however only 4 fertilized Is that a good number ??? I feel a little disappointed that I have so few because I just don't know how long it will be before I can afford another go at this!I have ET tomorrow so I guess I will just have to cross my fingers that I wont need to worry about trying again and that I will fall first IVF/ICSI attempt. From what I have been reading through all these posts and threads, there are VERY VERY FEW BFP's onthe first go. Just feeling really disheartened and slightly depressed actually .....I feel like my body has let me down up til this point