+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    If your GP gives you a referral to a clinic, that's enough to claim medicare

We're hopefully starting in Sept! A friend has offered to donate to us, and we're going through the nitty gritty at the moment to decide if it's what we want to do. So far, it's the front runner.

So fingers crossed it all goes to plan and we can start making a baby soon! I've just started taking pre-conception vits today!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Rainbow Road :-)

This is how it happened for me as I had a previous HS relationship in which I was unable to get pregnant, which my GP referral stated, and was accepted by my FS. Others have had this knocked back.... I have even heard of stories of women with fertility problems (for example PCOS) being told that their FS will not label them medically infertile for IVF treatments!!! It is almost up to the FS moral compass.. very frustrating. Some clinics even put little mentions on the websites, that if you are gay you are most likely not to get a Medicare rebate (GENEA http://www.newcastleivf.com.au/index...109&Itemid=102), while others say only a referral is necessary (MIVF http://mivf.com.au/ivf-fees/ivf-costs).
    There seems to be some differences by state as to the definition or interpretation of medical infertility, or at least the application of the label.... No wonder we cant keep up :-)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Zabella For This Useful Post:

lilbabysteps  (04-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Yes, there definitely needs to be more regulation when it comes to ART!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by broomdyke View Post
    Will anybody who has used donor sperm be registering with the donor sibling registry? Or a similar site?
    Hey Broomdyke, I've briefly mentioned the donor sibling registry to my partner but i'm not too sure how keen she is on it. I personally wouldn't mind but will see how the gf feels about it when the baby gets here (fingers crossed). Peeping into the donor sibling registry i know there are three babies out there that used the same donor as us already.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All,
    I have (clearly) just joined BubHub and it's good to see the diversity displayed in the forums. I'm glad to hear about the success stories with IVF and IUI, but I was wondering if anyone has made use of home insemination? My partner and I will be giving this method a go when we start TTC in October. Neither of us will be running from our biological clocks (being 21 and 22) and we can avoid the clincal feel and huge fees associated with ART.

Conveniently, our donor lives right next door so it seems the most simple way to go about it and luckily in WA, both the birth mother and the co-mother can be listed on the birth certificate as parents. We will begin our preconception health regime this month and get all the necessary health checks done also.

to everyone continuing their journey, I can't wait to start ours

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Beansnduckie,

Welcome to the thread My dp and I havent ruled home insem out completely, however it will be only out of shear desperation that we try that way. Firstly, our known donor is debatable when it comes to his monogamy (typical lol) and we just wont risk it if we dont have to . Second, for us, its more "no mess, no fuss" We dont have to worry about timing/ testing/ making sure that moment that I am ovulating, the donor is available. It would be our luck that he is unreachable when we need him. And finally, yes, I am 30 and my dp is 28 so if we plan to have a few (both of us want to carry) we need to get a wriggle on! So I guess the answer is "yes" we considered it and "yes" if we get desperate we will re-visit it.... but for now, ART is how we are going to try. We are in Qld and we also are able to put both the birth mother and non-birth mother on the BC which is great! You guys have plenty of time!. Have you discussed the legalities with your neighbour donor? ...... baby dust to you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BeansnDuckie View Post
    Hi All,
    I have (clearly) just joined BubHub and it's good to see the diversity displayed in the forums. I'm glad to hear about the success stories with IVF and IUI, but I was wondering if anyone has made use of home insemination? My partner and I will be giving this method a go when we start TTC in October. Neither of us will be running from our biological clocks (being 21 and 22) and we can avoid the clincal feel and huge fees associated with ART.

Conveniently, our donor lives right next door so it seems the most simple way to go about it and luckily in WA, both the birth mother and the co-mother can be listed on the birth certificate as parents. We will begin our preconception health regime this month and get all the necessary health checks done also.

to everyone continuing their journey, I can't wait to start ours
    Same here, we're starting in Sept/Oct. I'm only 23 so not worried about my biological clock either and now that the opportunity for a donor has arisen, we're delighted to be able to try at home.

You're lucky your donor lives next door! Ours will be flying down from QLD and staying with us the day before, the day of, and the day after ovulation.

Hoping it won't take too long - I've had my own medicals and I'm totally functional

9. The Following User Says Thank You to rainbow road For This Useful Post:

lilbabysteps  (11-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Lilbabysteps as of next week (I think) only mother and father will be able to put name on birth certificate. They are also going through a process that homosexuals can't even have acknowledgement through civil union. The state is going backwards and it's directed at gay and lesbians.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am so glad I don't live in QLD. How scary for all the wonderful gay parents and parents-to-be

Thanks
    Reviews
    Actually I just read on one of the samesex facebook groups i'm in that someone got a letter back from Campbell Newman (who was her local MP) that stated they weren't going to touch the birth certificate issue regardless of what they do with the Surrogacy Act. So by the sounds of that letter, both female parents can still be on the birth certificate. Mind you, Campbell Newman has been known to go back on his word so nothing's ever safe.