+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Lilbabysteps - apparently if we wanted to do iui we would have to go on a waiting list due to the shortage of sperm and a change in legislation regarding overseas donors. Qfg did not want to waste resources with a lesser method of getting pregnant i suppose. We didn't want to sit around waiting so paid the big dollars. Ivf has a higher chance of falling pregnant. And we went with an overseas donor. I'm glad we went down the ivf path because I got a good amount of embryos and all my children will be biologically related whether the children are born from me or my partner.

Thanks
    Reviews
    welcome welcome
    there are a few same sex couples floating around here, who are preg or TTC, i being one of them, currently trying for #2, thru FF. happy to answer any questions

we are in the gong sydney.

babydust to all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by katiana View Post
    welcome welcome
    there are a few same sex couples floating around here, who are preg or TTC, i being one of them, currently trying for #2, thru FF. happy to answer any questions

we are in the gong sydney.

babydust to all

Katiana, your a thread hopper just like me!!.... I started this thread trying to find people that understood what me and my DP were going through. You and your DP have 20+ attempts so im guessing you definately have some idea!!!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to lilbabysteps For This Useful Post:

katiana  (26-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by broomdyke View Post
    Lilbabysteps - apparently if we wanted to do iui we would have to go on a waiting list due to the shortage of sperm and a change in legislation regarding overseas donors. Qfg did not want to waste resources with a lesser method of getting pregnant i suppose. We didn't want to sit around waiting so paid the big dollars. Ivf has a higher chance of falling pregnant. And we went with an overseas donor. I'm glad we went down the ivf path because I got a good amount of embryos and all my children will be biologically related whether the children are born from me or my partner.
    Yeah for sure! we did IUI last year as you can see from my signature so the laws were different then. We have a known donor so there is an unlimited supply really. We also wanted our future kids to be biologically linked, it was important for us. We also have a "back up" overseas donor in storage just in case our known donor just does not take.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lilbabysteps View Post
    Hi Rain yeah that's pretty much the feedback that I'm getting. It all depends on my body! ... what ever they use works well I guess ! Also congratulations on your BFP! how far along are you?

Broomdyke: I am roughly the same, im 30 with no hx of infertility. Apparently I'm perfectly normal! working like clockwork, also just missing that vital ingredient!! We just wanted the increase our chances... they wanted to keep trying us on IUI, they said we would fall eventually but like I said we wanted to increase our chances. Why did you do IVF and not just IUI or AI?
    Lil: good luck on your ivf....it'll be a fun ride i'm guessing! lol. I'm hoping for heaps of embryos for you and that they stick!

I'm just under 10 weeks so holding out for the 12 week scan and hoping everything will be alright.
    My old FS also wanted us to continue doing IUI/IVF with the same protocol ...with them constantly saying that I was young and nothing was wrong....well after 4 IUIs, 2 IVFs and 1 FET we decided enough was enough and changed over to Warren deambrosis. Best decision ever. In 5 seconds he found out I had PCOS and had a plan for attack. So bummed he's going to retire at the end of the year though

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by rainaberdine View Post
    Lil: good luck on your ivf....it'll be a fun ride i'm guessing! lol. I'm hoping for heaps of embryos for you and that they stick!

I'm just under 10 weeks so holding out for the 12 week scan and hoping everything will be alright.
    My old FS also wanted us to continue doing IUI/IVF with the same protocol ...with them constantly saying that I was young and nothing was wrong....well after 4 IUIs, 2 IVFs and 1 FET we decided enough was enough and changed over to Warren deambrosis. Best decision ever. In 5 seconds he found out I had PCOS and had a plan for attack. So bummed he's going to retire at the end of the year though
    I changed as well!!! and I think mine new one wont be far from retirement also!! why are all the best ones retiring!?!?! Wow I've noticed most of the same sex couples are pregnant! Such great news and im now full of hope ! good luck for your 12 week scan rain

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey ladies, hope you don't mind me jumping on for a sec. I was reading through your thread and was wondering why you all were using international sperm? Is there really a sperm shortage? This is something I always assumed was not in shortage. And how are the laws changing?

I am not in a same sex relationship, our problem is the eggs lol but was just wondering why a lot of you are doing IUI if there is a sperm shortage? The chances with IUI are a lot lower and if you went straight to IVF, you will more than likely have embies to transfer and freeze as most of you are younger and not infertile and you would only need one or two lots of sperm.

Sorry again for jumping in, but am just curious as to why this decision is made rather than IVF. Good luck to you all, hope all your dreams do come true xoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scarlet View Post
    Hey ladies, hope you don't mind me jumping on for a sec. I was reading through your thread and was wondering why you all were using international sperm? Is there really a sperm shortage? This is something I always assumed was not in shortage. And how are the laws changing?

I am not in a same sex relationship, our problem is the eggs lol but was just wondering why a lot of you are doing IUI if there is a sperm shortage? The chances with IUI are a lot lower and if you went straight to IVF, you will more than likely have embies to transfer and freeze as most of you are younger and not infertile and you would only need one or two lots of sperm.

Sorry again for jumping in, but am just curious as to why this decision is made rather than IVF. Good luck to you all, hope all your dreams do come true xoxo

We made the decision to go IUI over IVF to start with as it's cheaper. We thought we would try the cheaper option first.

And yep very massive shortage of Australia sperm donors. And the laws have changed regarding the use of international sperm as well :-/

10. The Following User Says Thank You to KnockKnockPenny For This Useful Post:

scarlet  (25-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just thought with the cost of shipping sperm, that maybe IVF in the long run will be cheaper as you may get pregnant with a couple of frozen ones from one donation? Than have multiple IUI's that may or may not work. I don't know how much an IUI is compared to IVF but I would assume it must be lot cheaper.

Really sorry there is a shortage, I never knew that, I would of assumed that since it is a easier for a man to physically donate, more would.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My partner and I used overseas donor it cost just under $1000 for one sample. Our donor has signed a legal contract stating that he has to meet a child once if he is contacted. Then he decides after the initial meeting what he wants to do I guess and obviously it's after the child turns 18. I think men in Australia don't want to have to deal with being in that situation and the law is changing for the use of overseas donors because emotionally the donors may or may not be prepared for after children turn 18 as no counseling is offered and the amount of donations they make is out of this world. They choose to donate to pay for college, it's an easy way for fast money.
    We never had the option for iui. And even though ivf has cost us $12000 we got $8000 back from Medicare.

Scarlet- you say you are on the egg side, what is it like?