+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    We have an appt with Dr Keeping

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok, So our appointment went well. We discussed all of our options and unlike our first FS, he is ready to get started making babies! There is no fluffing around, no unnecessary blood tests, unnecessary scans or anything like that. We have guidance and a plan!!! Now I feel as though I wasted so much time with our first FS. I feel a bit cheated. I could been trying for the last year but instead I listened to that idiot of a doctor. Anywho... I learnt a lot I guess. That this Is OUR journey (mine and my DP's) these are our bodies, and we are the one's that are paying all this money for that little miracle. As you can probably tell....We are so frustrated but glad we are starting a new chapter. So as for this month, we are not trying. We will be in new zealand when its time for EPU and ET so this month wasn't the best time to start however, while we are away I will start syranel and puregon so when we arrive back in Australia we will be all rested and ready for the next stage. We are so ready

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by broomdyke View Post
    Hey my dp and I started our journey 8 months ago where we were told that we had to go down the ivf road because they weren't allowing iui due to the lack of sperm in Australia and lack of sperm imported into Australia due to changing legislations. I was pretty bummed about it due to money but we scraped what we could get together and had our first ivf cycle in apr/may with an American sperm donor and i guess I'm very lucky because I'm pregnant and have 16 potential embryos in the freezer. I live in nth qld and would love to be involved with other gay parents I know they are out there but it seems to me they keep to themselves *shrugs shoulders*

Hey Broomdyke,

Hows the pregnancy going?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    How sweet of you to ask lol.
    Going very slowly lol. I've got my first scan next week (8weeks) so excited!!!!!!!! Have had hardly any morning sickness which is awesome just a bit funny in the tummy at times, heaps of cramping and very tired.
    Goodluck with your cycle and have a blast in nz it's an amazing place I can't wait to go back!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Puregon is evil

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by broomdyke View Post
    How sweet of you to ask lol.
    Going very slowly lol. I've got my first scan next week (8weeks) so excited!!!!!!!! Have had hardly any morning sickness which is awesome just a bit funny in the tummy at times, heaps of cramping and very tired.
    Goodluck with your cycle and have a blast in nz it's an amazing place I can't wait to go back!!!!!
    Hey Broomdyke

Im so glad things are going well for you. Its exciting to know that people do fall first go. People on here and at home keep telling me to be prepared because it is rare to fall first IVF/ICSI try. I really hope I am as lucky. I hope your scan goes well !!.... Can I ask did your Dr put one or two embies back?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh also.... why is Puregon evil? Hormones? .... dont scare me so soon !

Thanks
    Reviews

Default congrats

Broomdyke: congrats on the 8 week scan! Pretty amazing to see the little heart beat hey? We went in for a second scan at 9 weeks yesterday cos we were nosy and we saw the little hands and feet move. That was just amazing it was sooo fun to see it wiggle on the screen haha.

lilbabysteps: I had puregon for a couple of ivf rounds and it didn't really affect me much. It really depends on how the drugs impact your system. I've been really lucky to have had little side effects from most of the drugs. And even with morning sickness have been very lucky with that too other than constant exhaustion.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My doc put 1 embryo in. I'm young (27) and healthy with no history of infertility, just lacking the sperm lol so only 1 was transferred even though I would love to have a multiple birth. I took puregon in my cycle and had some strange effects from it. I worked in a hectic fast paced environment where I was lifting and cooking masses of food and I found that the puregon made things hard by wreaking havoc on my back and caused a RSI to flare up. It made me really tired and pains in my ovary area and felt sick in my tummy. I then took sick days thank goodness as I became very full there and developed ohss. So I got to go through with my egg pick up which I got 24 eggs but they wouldn't let me keep going with my cycle. I ended up with 17 embryos in the freezer and 4 weeks later I went through a frozen embryo transfer "naturally" which was successful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Rain yeah that's pretty much the feedback that I'm getting. It all depends on my body! ... what ever they use works well I guess ! Also congratulations on your BFP! how far along are you?

Broomdyke: I am roughly the same, im 30 with no hx of infertility. Apparently I'm perfectly normal! working like clockwork, also just missing that vital ingredient!! We just wanted the increase our chances... they wanted to keep trying us on IUI, they said we would fall eventually but like I said we wanted to increase our chances. Why did you do IVF and not just IUI or AI?