+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks Martin but my partner and I are using an unknown donor through a fertility clinic good luck with helping others though!!!

Two girls, one dream and baby you are it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well we have been lucky and have found another donor who is lovely, my predicted ovulation date is 28 of this month give or take a take or two as I'm not always spot on. I also decided to go and get a blood test for CF we had another really nice guy approach us and was very honest and said he is happy to help and has helped others but he is a carrier of CF. so off we went to the dr and talked about the pros and cons and got a blood test which I thought was quite reasonable at $290 and basically there is no way any child conceived will be born with CF disease if I am not a carrier however potentially there is a 25% that 2 out of 4 children can become a carrier which in no way affects there quality of life as they will not have the disease. Anyway more to the point as I'm babbling now I thought it would be handy to know as using known donors they arnt going to know if they have CF or not and its safer and cheaper to get me tested the once then to get all potentional donors to be tested. I hope this donor doesn't pull out at last minute, he is off this week to go and get a std screening for us so that shows some dedication. Fingers crossed as I can't wait to get back into trying

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's awesome news!!! Fingers crossed that everything goes smoothly. Please keep us updated!! Also thanks for sharing about the CF testing.. It will help people going through this process in the future

I'll be sure to update everyone on our journey when it starts. We should be commencing in a couple of months

Two girls, one dream and baby you are it!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to rainbowbabe For This Useful Post:

miia  (05-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello all,

Well currently I am PUPO. I was to be the egg donor for my partner, but stupid ovaries only wanted to produce one huge follie with one egg. So after my FS suggested IUI on me, DP and I agreed for that change and I was inseminated yesterday morning. So bring on the TWW.

Thanks
    Reviews
    woohoo- how exciting! best of luck!!!!!