+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Measles Confirmed

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/new...-1226374844774

sorry if this has been posted already...

Wow looks like we are in for a prob here in oz like they have in Europe with measles at moment..scary !!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Get your vaccinations people! Horrible disease

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

beebs  (31-05-2012),Ulysses  (31-05-2012)

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Scary!!

I dont know if i have had the vax or not, plus im pregnant! Eeep

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh god!!! Scary!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thats a little too close to home

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry if this sounds ignorant, but why are you all so "scared" of measles?? As far as vaccinatable diseases go, measles is fairly unconsiquential. It's one of the diseases parents used to encourage their children catch so as to build natural immunity while they are young and healthy.

I don't buy in to the media hype. Any illness can be "potentially deadly", but that doesn't mean everyone that contracts it will die.

Of course you'd rather not get sick with it, but hey, you'd rather not get sick with a cold either.
    If you are healthy, measles is not "scary". I've had it. So have MANY people in my home community. None of them suffered at all. We were all totally fine.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to steel magnolia For This Useful Post:

Elijahs Mum  (31-05-2012),Etienne  (31-05-2012),Ffrenchknickers  (31-05-2012),jennibear  (31-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Measles are always around, I have seen 2 patients in maternity in the past 2 weeks that have had it and they were in rooms right next to healthy women with newborns. We just take the normal precations and they stay in their room till they have had the 5 days of antibiotics and clearance or whatever the doctors do. When you get your blood tests done during preg they test your levels of immunity I thought?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JustShiney View Post
    Sorry if this sounds ignorant, but why are you all so "scared" of measles??

I used to also be encouraged to give my daughter some alcohol in a bottle to get her to sleep better. But i didnt listen to that advice.

I worry about diseases like this for people that are vulnerable. Pregnant women, newborns, and there are several other people that something like this could be devasting to certain people.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Amira For This Useful Post:

beebs  (31-05-2012),jacobsmamma  (31-05-2012),MissMuppet  (31-05-2012),SugarSkull  (31-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JustShiney View Post
    Sorry if this sounds ignorant, but why are you all so "scared" of measles?? As far as vaccinatable diseases go, measles is fairly unconsiquential. It's one of the diseases parents used to encourage their children catch so as to build natural immunity while they are young and healthy.

I don't buy in to the media hype. Any illness can be "potentially deadly", but that doesn't mean everyone that contracts it will die.

Of course you'd rather not get sick with it, but hey, you'd rather not get sick with a cold either.
    If you are healthy, measles is not "scary". I've had it. So have MANY people in my home community. None of them suffered at all. We were all totally fine.
    I beg to differ when it's your 14 month old twins that get it it IS very scary! I have never seen them so sick and lifeless as when they had it.
    Why wouldn't parents worry?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to brooke88(mum2b09) For This Useful Post:

beebs  (31-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by brooke88(mum2b09) View Post
    I beg to differ when it's your 14 month old twins that get it it IS very scary! I have never seen them so sick and lifeless as when they had it.
    Why wouldn't parents worry?
    I thought if a child was immunized they have an unlikely chance of getting really sick from measles, sure if your children or yourself are not vaccinated then it would be something to worry about.