+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Rant. I went dress shopping today....

And I never want to go again! :'(

In August last year I was wearing a size 12 formal dress comfortably. Today in the same brand I couldn't even get a 16 to zip up fully. Omg.

And to make it worse the sales woman said she doubted they had anything in stock that would fit or suit someone with such a thick waist. I literally left tripping over my own tears.

F*** I hate myself so much right now!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to pinkplease3 For This Useful Post:

Amira  (30-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    You should write a letter to the company -that is disgusting!

It doesn't matter what size you are just be confident in what you are wearing and smile you are a beautiful woman and embrace your curves they can be very sexy!

missybubble is offline I'm a strange one, but I'm good at it :)
    Thanks
    Reviews
    That's horrible of her to say, omg! Big big hugs to you xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    But you know I wouldn't worry too much. One size 12 in one shop is a 16 in another. I know you said its the same brand but who is to say the measurements for size 12 are the same from year to year .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My best friend had a sales lady say that to her when we went dress shopping for our year 12 formal..She was absolutely shattered and I was so appauled I put down the dress I was going to buy and walked out with her. Dont be too hard on yourself! I agree with PP..embrace your curves!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks. It just brought home that Im really not happy with my body anymore. I carry weight terribly, I don't get curves I get muffin top and chunky bits. I've gone from 60 something kgs to 87 as of yesterday in less than a year.

What the hell have I been doing!!!

I am seriously considering writing a complaint letter though it doesn't take back her words or remove the smug look of disdain on her face from my memory.

I feel horrible knowing a size 16 or 87 kgs is a dream for a lot of women. Makes me think Im being melodramatic and should start being thankful for what I do have but it's hard when you know what you HAD iykwim

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pinkplease, that sounds awful. I can really empathise. I had a very similar experience when I had to be a bridesmaid and go shopping with the other bridesmaids who were all size 8/10. In fact, I even went from low 60's and currently sit at exactly 87 too - and I hate clothes shopping in general now! So yeah, you're not alone

9. The Following User Says Thank You to EchoSummers For This Useful Post:

pinkplease3  (31-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh no you poor thing, I feel exactly the same as you. We actually sound the same size - I used to fit a size 12 (65kg) comfortably last year. Now I'm LUCKY if I fit into a size 14.
    I put on roughly 30kg during my pregnancy and I simply cannot 'love' myself or embrace my new body. I HATE it.
    My son is almost 5 months old now and i just feel like the weight has not shifted. I've tried going to the gym but just have no time with a new baby. I'm trying walking as well.
    I used to spend alot of money on fashion and my appearance and now all I wear are tracksuit pants and i even leave the house wearing them, which i never would have done previously. Dress shopping is nothing but a slap in the face to me.
    And I used to want to lose weight when I was a size 12!! What was I thinking!?!
    Only I can change myself for the better and I'm going to start exercising more and really trying, because there is nothing worse than disliking your own body and feeling crap about your appearance.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Hugs. What an awful experience. I would never shop there again even when i woild be able to fit into their clothes again.

Hope you find your confidence again. Hugs

Sent from my GT-I9000T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bec2686 View Post
    Oh no you poor thing, I feel exactly the same as you. We actually sound the same size - I used to fit a size 12 (65kg) comfortably last year. Now I'm LUCKY if I fit into a size 14.
    I put on roughly 30kg during my pregnancy and I simply cannot 'love' myself or embrace my new body. I HATE it.
    My son is almost 5 months old now and i just feel like the weight has not shifted. I've tried going to the gym but just have no time with a new baby. I'm trying walking as well.
    I used to spend alot of money on fashion and my appearance and now all I wear are tracksuit pants and i even leave the house wearing them, which i never would have done previously. Dress shopping is nothing but a slap in the face to me.
    And I used to want to lose weight when I was a size 12!! What was I thinking!?!
    Only I can change myself for the better and I'm going to start exercising more and really trying, because there is nothing worse than disliking your own body and feeling crap about your appearance.
    Yep exactly the same. I actually thought i could stand to lose a few kilos when i was wearing size 10-12 skinny jeans!! I worked my a$$ off after having my two kids and lost over 30kgs. Apparently im not gifted with the ability to maintain a weight with minimal effort either. I dont feel sexy in anything i wear so i live in one pair of baggy jeans and trackies with big jumpers and I try not to open the hanging side of my wardrobe because there is next to nothing in there i can wear anymore, i have dozens of cute cocktail dresses and skinny jeans staring at me screaming 'why fatty why!!' some ive never even had a chance to wear.

DP just sent me a text saying im getting my bday present early. I told him a couple of weeks ago that I want a size 12 waist again for my bday which he responded to with the usual but sweet 'you dont need it i love you how you are blablabla'. But he's just told me hes buying me a treadmill tomorrow because im not a public exerciser (over conscious of my jiggly bits) and he knows how much it would mean to me but apparently its going to come with a set of conditions from him that he'll explain when he gets home from work....not entirely sure what thats supposed to mean but this is my only shot to get it together so i dont care.