+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Bad mum award goes to me!

Ok so my DD (3) usually watches a movie before bed, tonight I put on bridge to teribithiea, bad move! She was so unglued at the end and I feel horrible! My second thing is I have let her sleep in my bed, I said I would never do that, but being a single mum it's not like I don't have the room, it's just she was so upset!
    I will not be showing her that movie again any time soon!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    What's unglued mean??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Like she was an emotional mess

Mod-Myztik is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    My April Fools baby
    Winner 2009- Biggest Post-Awards Whinger
    Winner 2010- Biggest Computer Nerd

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Ooh that movie is sad. How old is she? I don't think there's any harm letting her sleep in your bed for the night.

Eta just realized you said she's 3.
    Last edited by Mod-Myztik; 30-05-2012 at 20:57.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That movie is a bit full on and she is obviously too little to fully understand it. I wouldn't worry but just choose somethibg a bit simpler tomorrow night! As for sleeping in ur bed, honestly every now and then is ok. They grow up so fast and in sure in 20 years time u won't look back and regret letting her sleep in ur bed. Enjoy every special moment.

Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Your not a bad mum so dot stress to much. I got called a bad mum the other day because I put DS (3) to bed at 6. And I have explained over an over to people the only reason he goes at 6 is co no matter what time(iv tried and tried) he still gets up between 5-6am. But you no what I don't care what people say about that. I belive that's a good bedtime for him. So don't worry bout feeling like a bad mum. We all do at some point or another. If we didn't we wouldn't be the best mums we can be. Xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    You're not a bad mum!!! DD is only 10mo but she has had a few nights in our bed lately. Sometimes she just needs the comfort. On the weekend we were staying with my parents, I was having a much needed sleep-in after a rough night of teething. DD just wouldn't go down for her morning nap so DH brought her in to me. 3 mins in bed with her mummy and she was fast asleep . Nothing wrong with some mummy comfort sometimes.

Mod-biscotti is offline Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbabailey View Post
    Ok so my DD (3) usually watches a movie before bed, tonight I put on bridge to teribithiea, bad move!
    It's rated PG I think, might have been too much for a three year old? Is she asleep now?
    Tomorrow is another day, don't stress too much and don't worry about the co-sleeping, it's meeting her need tonight enjoy the snuggling

Thanks
    Reviews
    Its usually Mary poppins or the smerfs, or something along thoes lines.
    I secretly love it when she co sleeps, I know that she is safe and she is next to me, lol she usually comes in at 2am anyway :-)
    I just felt so daft letting her watch it!
    Tomorrow night will be a much nicer movie!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't know what that movie is but there's nothing wrong with having her sleep with you when she is scared. You could always move her once she is sleeping?