+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    The friend I am talking about is a friend from mothers group, so it's not like I knew her before. I guess I'm not that attached to her, which sounds horrible, but when her child is always hurting my child with no consequences from her, I have no issue putting my child first.
    i wasn't referring to any post in particular
    if i was in your situation i would tell the child off, in the hopes the mother would hear. otherwise i would try to avoid her, or take her aside and nicely explain how it makes you feel. i know some mums at mothers groups tend to go there for the 'break' and let their kids run amok while they drink coffee. they don't understand that it's not a babysitting service and they need to keep an eye on them.

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have seen friendships change and even end for a while because of parenting differences. It certainly does happen. We had nearly one year with very limited contact with good friends because two of our boys would always clash. It was a personality thing, there was only five months between their ages, and they just would not get along. We would handle it ok, but the other parents would get too upset, so we just stopped spending so much time together until the boys grew past that stage. I think there is a line in the sand, some things dont matter, but some things really do, and every friendship can find a breaking point. Marie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I don't care how other people raise their children. As long as nobody tells me how to be a parent. I also don't want to know what I'm doing "wrong" as a parent. I'll bite somebodies face off if they do those two things.
    Controlled crying, anti controlled crying, breastfeeding your child until they're 4, FF your child from birth, smacking, no smacking, co sleeping, separate rooms, who cares. Different things work for different families. If we all had the same parenting style then we wouldn't learn anything.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SugarSkull For This Useful Post:

halloweendee  (31-05-2012)

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperGranny View Post
    I think there is a line in the sand, some things dont matter, but some things really do, and every friendship can find a breaking point. Marie.
    That's very true, it depends on the strength of the friendship and what it is you don't like. Its not about being judgemental of another parents parenting style, this thread could equally be about work ethics or a team mates motivation in group sports. When two adults have different fundamental approaches to something, it can be tough. And when two friends have babies, get sleep deprived and are under pressure, those fundamental differences can put a strain on things and test the friendhship. That's where I'm at anyway :/

threechooks is offline If my spelling annoys you that's your problem.... I have better things to do than proofread !
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I get protective of my BFF when her kids don't listen to her....I feel like shouting at them "Did you hear your mother? Do what she says NOW" but at the end of the day, her and her hubby made them that way

futureherder is offline Child led parent here...save me :)
    Thanks
    Reviews
    For me the key is being on neutral ground. I woulnd't have them over my house for an extended period nor would I have my child over at theirs. As long as they were not hurting their children in front of my child because that does involve me. Its a tough one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just say this is what I suggest or this is what worked for me even though I feel like clobbering them

mummy to gods gift to us