+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    People love judging others. Just think of it this way.. They obviously lack self esteem and the only way they can feel better about themselves, it to criticize and judge others.
    I know what you mean about being a young mum though. You're either being judged or having others give you "helpful" advice on how to raise your child.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You know what's really funny?? Having kids young was the normal thing to do until recently.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SugarSkull View Post
    You know what's really funny?? Having kids young was the normal thing to do until recently.
    I have thought that myself. My mother was 15 when she started dating my father, 18 when she got married and 19 when she had me. My brother was born a week before she turned 21..... And in the late 70s / early 80s this was completely normal!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't get understand someone would judge a young parent harshly?? I had my first at 27 and can honestly say could have had her a bit younger/early twenties. As upper post said it was the norm a while back. Fertility peaks between 20-25. Optimum age 20-35. It's simple biology.

Please I hope no-one thinks I'm attacking women age 35+ for having kids.. I'm not..
    Last edited by Lovable; 30-05-2012 at 22:56.

Thanks
    Reviews
    i love it when people judge me. Because theyre usually divorced, working jobs that require no quals, and will act like i have given my life up. uh no, i finished my apprenticeship when dd was 3 months old, got married at 18 and owned a salon at 20 and am now happily cooking up our second baby. My life is perfect.

my uncle is the worst. 45, divorced, single. cnt keep a job he just failed a drug test and loves telling me how i gave my life up for kids.

I just laugh now.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by eviezmum View Post
    I have thought that myself. My mother was 15 when she started dating my father, 18 when she got married and 19 when she had me. My brother was born a week before she turned 21..... And in the late 70s / early 80s this was completely normal!
    Exactly and then BAM, being a young mum is a big no no.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SugarSkull View Post
    Yep!
    My mum had her 1st at 18 then finished having her 4th at 26!
    Now if you were to have 4 before you turned 26 you would have all sorts of things said to you!

In saying that, I'm about to have my first and am 22 & I also have a 5 year old step daughter who could easily pass as my own- and infact people ALWAYS assume she is mine, and I have never been looked down upon for being a "young" mum, even though if DSD was mine I would have been 17ish when I had her!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Apparently i look quite younger than i actually am. I had DS at 23 and can honestly say that i never felt like anyone was judging me, or.... maybe they were and i was totally oblivious as i didnt care even if they were

Thanks
    Reviews
    My experience is society like to judge!!!
    If it's not younger mums then it's older mums (me!!) it's never ending. I'm 36 will be 37 in oct and personally am glad I had my babies older it has made me a more content and happy mum but that just my opinion of my situation.

If you are happy with your life and your family bugger everyone else it's YOUR LIFE!!! Being a mum is hard work doesn't matter how old you are.

Thanks
    Reviews
    *puts hand up* I confess that I am sometimes judgemental of young mums. Mainly teenage mums, if they actually made a decision to get pg when they are that young. I think it's so important after you finish school to at least take a couple of years to live a little and find out who you are and what you want from life, so when I see/hear about teen mums I feel very sad for them that they won't get to experience this. And the ones who actually decided to get pg, I personally think they're stupid.. Flame me all you want for this, it won't change my opinion.

As for mums in their early-to-mid 20s, I often think judgemental things, but I wholly admit that this is 100% because I am jealous, and badly wanted to have children when I was that age (around 24/25 would have been awesome). I've been on-and-off insanely clucky from the age of 18, and here I am at 31 and still childless, and now having to do ICSI because two years ago I fell in love with an infertile man. It's not fair, and I reserve the right to feel bitter and think nasty things when I see young mums. It doesn't mean I dislike you or think you know nothing, it is my emotions getting the better of me.

If you're being judged by mothers older than you, a lot of them are probably just jealous like me.