+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grumpysmurf View Post
    sometimes people say wow u look too young to have a 14yo! almost fishing for my age. i just respond with "i am!"
    I just say "Thanks!"

2. The Following User Says Thank You to magic star For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (18-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't notice it until I'm out with friends and they comment on how many people are staring.
    My favourite was the looks I'd get from parents waiting to be picked up from school with my big belly.
    I don't get it when people say every 16 year old is pregnant these days when at 18, I have no friends with babies and still get the stares and comments

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    For me it was 23. I dunno what happened but at 23 people stopped asking if my boyfriend was still with me or if jasper was planned or saying "wow! No way could I have been responsible enough at 21/22 to have a baby!"

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    from everything I have read here....

just remember that comments don't always equal judgement!!!

Some times, it is observation or curiosity or making conversation and there is no need to get your hackles up.

I've said 'wow, you look so young" to people...and often it is a reflection of my own feelings of myself and how I would not have been ready for kids young.

I have judged other parents...but it is on WHAT they are doing at the time...not age!

It also comes down to attitude...I don't care if people judge me (although I was 29 when i had my first and that seems to be acceptable lol) and never have. I wouldn't notice nasty looks! I regularly get accused of living in my own little world lol

SOmeone asked if we would want our kids to have kids at 18...and for me...it's a definite "NO". I want them to go to uni, have their own lives, travel and be independent...before taking on the joy of children. Would i support them if they end up young parents? yes, i would!

My advice...stop caring what others think and wanting people to approve of your life....that way they have no more power over you and everyone is happy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    Quote Originally Posted by smileygirl View Post
    I have judged other parents...but it is on WHAT they are doing at the time...not age!
    I love this I have never noticed me being 'judged'. Sure people were shocked but anyone who has seen me with DS or met him has told me that I am a great mum and I'm doing really well with him. I always think I could be better, but that's normal.

I had DS just over a month before I turned 20 and I will be having our second a month after I turn 23. I look young but I act old. No one has ever looked at me funny or said anything other than questions which are natural and I'm not offended by curiosity

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I would like to add, if you are a young mum, you can also be a young grandma, and the comments/ judgements still come. I had my first at 22, and at that time I was an 'older mum'. society is always judgeing. it is what we humans like to do. Marie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had my eldest when I was just 18 (I'm 37 now) and to be honest I can't remember if anyone judged me or not. In saying that, my 2nd child was 16 when her little sister was born ( my youngest) she liked to push the pram when we went places and it would make me so angry the looks she got from people especially if I was a few steps behind

Thanks
    Reviews
    It will never end.
    I am almost 28 now I had my first when I was 20, I look 22 . I have a 8 month old so people assume all the time that he is my first but when I say oh noooo no I have a 7 year old I do get funny looks because I look young. And to be honest I kinda like it, these people who judge because some one 'looks' young isn't always that young. They know nothing about me or my family so I take it in my stride!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I felt extremely judged when I had my first baby at 25. I even had complete strangers comment, shaking their heads that I was too young, which was bizarre considering they didn't know anything about me.

I'm almost 30 now and have since had another baby and I still get comments now such as 'oh you look wayyy too young to have kids!', to which I now respond, 'I look good for my age.' It seems to be the perfect response as they then don't know how to respond as I can see them mentally guessing my age so I just smile, walk away and get on with enjoying my beautiful children .

To be honest I think there are certain people that are always going to judge others for a number of reasons and more often than not, this just reflects their own damning insecurities. Be confident within yourself and your abilities and try to remember that you can't change other people's behaviour, but you can change the way you react to them .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Trooper View Post
    Or maybe i just have my head too far up my a*** and dont give a flying f*** what people think, so i dont notice the sniggers?

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub
    Too funny lol...