+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Recent experiences at St.Vincents (Melb)

Hi everyone, does anyone have any recent experiences on St Vincents Private in Melb? Any feedback is welcomed.
    Also a work colleague told me a couple of their birthing suites have a shared bathroom - is this true?
    Is the food really that bad?
    Thank-you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bump

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My friend recently gave birth there and had a wonderful experience and she didn't complain about the food. She def had her own bathroom.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Having my bub there in about 4 weeks so will be able to give more detail after that! But I'm pretty sure there are no shared bathrooms and have actually heard that the food was quite good but I guess that's subjective. This being my 3rd I haven't done any classes so have booked in for a tour this Sat arvo just so the maternity ward is not completely unfamiliar when I arrive to give birth - you can book tours online via the hospital's website as well as do a virtual tour of all the facilities. Might be worth doing to help you make your decision.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had both my children at St. Vincent's (2006 and 2010) and I absolutely loved the place. Yes, two of the birthing suites share a bathroom, but I never had one of those rooms. Both times I had my own bathroom in the birthing suite.
    First time around the food was average, but for my son in 2010, it was delicious - I couldn't fault it. I couldn't fault anything about St. Vincent's - didn't want to leave. By the way, who is your Ob?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had both of mine there too (2008 and 2010) and will be having no 3 there in July. I didn't know about the shared bathrooms - I didn't have to share. Midwives were great. Food was great too - compared to freemason's where I had a small op in Feb.