+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default I've turned into a crazy person!!!

So I have only just started ttc-had my implanon taken out last Monday, o'd the following Saturday and now I'm turning into a crazy person!!! All I think about is making babies and everywhere I look there's babies and their stuff and I feel like I'm going crazy! I never thought I'd be a mum because I love what I do and was never clucky, never EVER was fascinated by babies or being a mum and then I met someone. Damn it! I told him straight up I didn't want a baby and he was fine with that but one night we had a couple of drinks over at a friends and he was playing with their child and he looked up at me and said he couldn't wait til we had a son. I didn't budge right then and now......I'm crazy!!! I find ttc so stressful and it's only been a week. Hats off to all the women who have been ttc for such a long time. I've been shadowing the forum and just have a new appreciation for the whole baby making thing. Anyway, am I the only one that feels like this? I think I need to set myself boundaries with respect to focussing on other things too-this week has felt like a month!!! How do others deal with it? Please please please share!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome to TTC..No youre not the only one who feels this way!! Okay..strategies to distract yourself are a must! Mine include sewing, scrapbooking, reading non-baby related stuff and playing the xbox/wii.

Find something you enjoy doing and try your hardest to focus on that instead of symptom spotting and baby stuff haha (much easier said than done) good luck on your journey!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to starflame For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (31-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Try and keep it in check now because it can and most probably will rule your life. I was like you. Never wanted children. In fact, I used to be loud and proud to say that I never wanted children. My mother told me when I met the right man I'd want one more than anything. I laughed in her face because 1. I thought she was crazy and 2. I was married at the time!

I have since divorced that man and now married my DH. Mum was SO right because we are desperately trying for a baby and being CD1 for me today when i was fairly sure I was pregnant has left me gutted today. We fell pregnant December last year but that sadly ended in a missed miscarriage. We tried for 3 months before we fell pregnant with our angel baby. Since the D&C I had to have, we have been officially trying for 2 months and I am seriously going crazy! I see babies everywhere. Everyone is announcing pregnancies and it's simply doing my head in.

All I can suggest is to try try try and make it fun. Dno't see s3x as a baby making opportunity. DH and I were doing this and we have agreed to spice things up and not just make it about making a baby. It's not healthy and it'll just drive you batty in the end. This is me on most days --->

Everyone will tell you to relax and it will happen when it has to happen and blah blah blah (I have been guilt of muttering those same sentences to others) but to them and myself I say pffttttt!

It's hard not to think about it all the time. It consumes most of my day. I can't help it and no amount of "don't think about it" will make me think any less about it. I know none of this was helpful I'm sure but I guess I just wanted you to know that what you are feeling is normal. Best of luck on your TTC journey

5. The Following User Says Thank You to FirstTimeMummy2012 For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (31-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I too have turned into a crazy person. I can't think of anything but having a baby. I can't help but google pregnancy symptoms, ovulation, implantation, CM. it's driving me nuts. I must find something to distract me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nice tips starflame, I have started just reading mags and wedding dress looking (I'm not even engaged LOL) every little bit hellps right?!?!?!

Argh FTM2012-I can def relate to laughing in my mum's face too! EEK! What's happened to me?? I am def trying to keep it in check, I have been thinking about how I'll feel next week if I dont get a BFP

Thanks for the comments