+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    It's probably worthwhile talking to the neighbour too- some people are a little naive when it comes to caring for animals and need a bit of a reminder. Hopefully if he realises how distraught his dogs are he will do something about it himself

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Depends how competent you are to assess the dogs as maltreated i guess? My dogs are outside dogs, which i dont think is maltreatment. And im sure some people not so familair with dogs may think my pup is too skinny, which she is not, she is a giant breed and needs to kept lean (although not malnourished) whilst she is growing to prevent bone and joint problems...

In saying that these dogs do sound hard done by, and your well within your rights to complain to the council about the barking. I would just be hesitant to jump to the conclusion the dogs are being abused is all. As pps have said the council should be able to determine if rspca involvement is needed

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Its a tough situation. People in my neighborhood would probabley think that our dog is lonely or something terrible is wrong with him but he's fine. He howls when our other dog is not right next to him as he is deaf and going blind.

Maybe talk to the owner and ask if he is aware of the dogs noise, Also what type of dog is the dad dog. If its a similar breed to my dog jess ( ridgeback cross kelpie) It may look skinny due to the breed, cause my dog looks like we never feed her but she gets breakfast and lunch but is just a muscly dog with ribs showing.

Good luck and I think its awesome that you do care.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Talked to the owner a few weeks ago about him extending the fence nothing has happened. The mum is a staffy and the dad is a red nosed pitbull. I'll take a pic and post it of the yard cause I just don't know what to do.
    Super our dogs are outside dogs as well and they only make noise when someone comes down driveway

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    ImageUploadedByBub Hub1338438601.767505.jpg. Ok so it seems they now have a house still feel so sorry that they don't get attention. As soon as I got to the fence they all came running

Thanks
    Reviews
    That dog looks perfectly fine to me - probably just noisy and active and needing some discipline!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ps if your throwing food over the fence of course he will run to you whenever your outside most dogs are pigs and will do anythjnv for food! Even if well fed!

He could also be protecting his territory. My dog runs along the fence and barks at people that walk past too - which i love btw (we live in a sketchy remote town where being broken into is the norm, not an unexpected event!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Trooper View Post
    Ps if your throwing food over the fence of course he will run to you whenever your outside most dogs are pigs and will do anythjnv for food! Even if well fed!
    Couldn't agree more!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by hoping28 View Post
    My neighbour has three dogs one is just a ten week old pup, he is never home and the dad barks most of the day and tries to jump our fence making a hell of a noise right near where our nursery is.

They look a bit malnourished and are the nicest dogs but just want some attention.

It breaks my heart that they hear us giving our dogs lots of love but they don't seem to get it, the last few nights it had been freezing and when I've gotten up to pee I've heard the little pup whimpering.

Neighbour was home last night I think... And I think the dad dog may have worms as dh threw some food over during weekend and he gobbled everyone's up but he is still so thin.

Would you phone the RSPCA?? I'm so unsure what to do, I don't want to feel like a nosy neighbour but I also don't want the dog getting over our fence or once I have my newborn in a week or so waking him at all hours....
    I'd call the council about the noise.