+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Wwyd

My neighbour has three dogs one is just a ten week old pup, he is never home and the dad barks most of the day and tries to jump our fence making a hell of a noise right near where our nursery is.

They look a bit malnourished and are the nicest dogs but just want some attention.

It breaks my heart that they hear us giving our dogs lots of love but they don't seem to get it, the last few nights it had been freezing and when I've gotten up to pee I've heard the little pup whimpering.

Neighbour was home last night I think... And I think the dad dog may have worms as dh threw some food over during weekend and he gobbled everyone's up but he is still so thin.

Would you phone the RSPCA?? I'm so unsure what to do, I don't want to feel like a nosy neighbour but I also don't want the dog getting over our fence or once I have my newborn in a week or so waking him at all hours....

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would write the neighbours an anonymous letter to let them know what goes on when they are not home and I would also call the council so they can go and give them a warning. It's inconvenient for you with the nursery so close.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would phone the rspca. That way they can asses the situation and give them directions on what needs to be corrected.

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I'd phone the RSPCA for sure.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would actually call your local council over the RSPCA. Make a complaint about the barking and that there is 3 dogs. The council will check the situation out and if necessary will call RSPCA

ToughLove is offline Meaner than a junkyard dog
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Member
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Local council. They usually send a letter warning them of the situation and giving options.

Unless you can see that the dogs are being abused, or have no shelter, food or water, RSPCA won't do anything. They are restricted by the local council laws, so if the council hasn't checked it out yet and recorded that there is an issue, they don't have much ground to stand on in relation to seizing the dogs or fining the owners

Thanks
    Reviews
    Try RSPCA, if you think they are malnourished etc then the council will tell you to call RSPCA (that's what happened when I made a complaint a couple of months ago).

Poor things :-( some people shouldn't be allowed to get pets.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ring the local council, as Toughlove said, unless they are being abused the RSPCA wont do anything. As long as they have water and shelter, they may voice there is concern for the animals but as for anything else they cant do anything.

If dogs escape and the pound picks them up then the owners are given 3 days to claim them, then the animals go through behaviour/health assessments and if they pass are put up for adoption. We had a beautiful little puppy that lived around the corner that would costantly get out. I got sick of seeing it on the road ect so I caught it and called the pound. Several people in the street including me had alrteady taken the dog back and talked to them, they just didnt care so i had the pound collect it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks everyone I'll phone the council tomorrow, no one is there tonight... Poor things!!
    The dad has been trying to jump the fence all arvo...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mention that to them, and tell them you are worried about what could happen if he did manage to get out. Usually they are pretty good and send someone out within a few days. If you dont get any sort of action happening try to get some pics of the condition of the dogs and use it as proof.