+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Young girl at work & graphic conversations!

DH just got home from work ( we own business) and told me he caught our 17 year old secretary on skype having a erotic conversation with a guy (she says she has no boyfriend) but what's worse he was naked and playing with himself!!!! ( she's been with us for 4 months, average worker, nice girl)

We have that programme where DH on his computer can log in to anyone's computer and see what they are doing ( yes it's in their work agreement that we monitor computer usage) and the reason he was looking at hers is because she has been downloading movies at work he was shocked and logged off ( before thinking to take a screen shot as proof) the conversation DH saw was the guy was asking her to play with herself and she said no her boss is upstairs ( she is in reception downstairs viewable by security monitor upstairs)

so we have 2 dilemmas 1) obviously we don't want her working for us if she does this all day - but legally what do we do and how do we approach it with no written proof and 2) I think we should tell her mother - DH disagrees but what if this guy is some pervert she met on the net??
    Any advice please!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'd take a stab that if you brought it to her attention that you are aware of the situation she may be so embarrassed that she would resign.

You could perhaps imply that you do in fact have proof of movie downloads & the Skype session. This may also work in your favour.

Good luck x

3. The Following User Says Thank You to 2Bboys For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (30-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    ^^ I agree ^^

And no I wouldn't tell her mother.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldn't tell her mother :s

But I would def bring it to her attention and call her out on it an see what she has to say. I would not tolerate this in ANY workplace.

Sent from my GT-I5503T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    DH will talk with her in the morning and yes we assume she will be embarrassed and just leave, but what if she denies it?
    Legally we would have to give her 3 warning letters yes? He has proof of the downloads and movies which in theory is instant dismissal anyway as its illegal?
    Her mum is really nice ( brings us in homemade cakes all the time etc) and I just think she will want to know why she left as this is her first job!

Thanks
    Reviews
    The 3 letters thing is outdated. Doesn't really apply anymore.

Did she have a probationary period in her contract? You may need to give her x weeks notice.

But yes, misuse of company computers is a case for instant dismissal.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I thought looking at po.rn at work is grounds for instant dismissal. She was looking at po.rn.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I doubt she would fight it if and hen you decide to sack her. What is she going to say? 'it was only her first time having cyber sex and won't do it again'.
    How embareasing. Who does that? Get rid of her. I would go through the computer history and see what else she gets up to. Yuk

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    You don't have any right to tell her Mum. Don't worry about that. The priority is that she is fired. That is absolutely not acceptable behaviour. It's scary to think of 17yo's doing that AT ALL, let alone AT WORK! What was she thinking???!!! She can work out how to explain it to her family, that's her issue, not yours.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I dont think you need proof? I can't anyone seriously denying it, lol.

Also where can I get this program so I can spy on my daughter?