+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    38
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked
    4
    Reviews
    0
    MumTotzlj - I have just read your very moving account of little Zac's precious life. I am in tears for you, him and your family, how strong you are xxxx

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    147
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked
    9
    Reviews
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by CateD View Post
    3InaTub, MumTolzj and 1Babymama - thank you for sharing your stories and I am so happy to hear that your LO's are doing well.

    Vesper - I am sorry to hear about your DD and I will keep her in my thoughts. I hope her surgery goes well and wish her a speedy recovery

    Did any of your LO's show any symptoms of having a problem? DS just had a very scary breathing episode and I have just put a call into his Pead and am waiting for a call back. He was in the car on our way home and started gasping for breath, taking very shallow breaths and making grunting noises with each breath. I pulled over and had to give him a few good whacks on the back to get him to take in a proper breath. Not sure what is going on with him
    Hi CateD

    My DS heart murmur wasn't picked up while inutero but about 5 hours after giving birth he turned blue/greyish colour and his breathing become very shallow. He was rushed to the Special Care Nursery where they checked his Saturation Levels which were only in the 60's. He was airlifted to Westmead Children's Hospital within hours of this happening.

    It must be very stressful for you not knowing what is going on. You really need to request to have an ECHO done to put your mind at ease.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Country NSW
    Posts
    371
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    9
    Reviews
    0
    1babymama-what condition does your son have?

    CateD- from about 5 weeks my daughter woud go blue around the mouth and eyes, she would have shallow breathing, as she got older i would make her lay down for at least 30mins then she would be fine. she had a repair down at 13mths she is now 3 and hasnt had any other problems.
    my son hasnt had any intervention on his heart and has periods when around his mouth and eyes goes blue.

    if it happens to your son again the best thing to do is get him straight to the hospital so they can check his oxygen stats. i would be asking for a referral to a cardio for a echo, it is a simple test that will put your mind at ease.

    thank you for taking the time to read abotu Zac

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    147
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked
    9
    Reviews
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by MumTotzlj View Post
    1babymama-what condition does your son have?

    CateD- from about 5 weeks my daughter woud go blue around the mouth and eyes, she would have shallow breathing, as she got older i would make her lay down for at least 30mins then she would be fine. she had a repair down at 13mths she is now 3 and hasnt had any other problems.
    my son hasnt had any intervention on his heart and has periods when around his mouth and eyes goes blue.

    if it happens to your son again the best thing to do is get him straight to the hospital so they can check his oxygen stats. i would be asking for a referral to a cardio for a echo, it is a simple test that will put your mind at ease.

    thank you for taking the time to read abotu Zac
    MumTotzlj

    My DS has Critical Pulmonary Valve Stenosis. He had surgery at 3 days old to correct the valve which was successful. It is now working at around 80%. Only time will tell if he will require further surgery.

    Very sorry to hear about Zac. I did read his story and balled my eyes out. I can't imagine how hard that must have been for you and your family.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Country NSW
    Posts
    371
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    9
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by 1BabyMama View Post
    MumTotzlj

    My DS has Critical Pulmonary Valve Stenosis. He had surgery at 3 days old to correct the valve which was successful. It is now working at around 80%. Only time will tell if he will require further surgery.

    Very sorry to hear about Zac. I did read his story and balled my eyes out. I can't imagine how hard that must have been for you and your family.

    i havent heard of that one before. i like hearing about heartkids that are doing well.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,012
    Thanks
    29
    Thanked
    190
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    This happened to a friend of mine and it all turned out to be nothing in the end!!

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Country NSW
    Posts
    371
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    9
    Reviews
    0
    http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...rt-Mums/page67

    a link to other heart mums on here they are very helpful and supportive

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    ocean shores
    Posts
    2,279
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked
    233
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ds 2 had a heart murmur detected at 6 week checkup. The doctor booked an appointment with the cardiologist to get it checked out in a month but two weeks later he completely went blue on us so I rushed him to hospital where he got transferred to another hospital they couldn't figure out what was up so then transferred us to the mater in Brisbane where the next morning the did an ultrasound and informed us he had tetrology of fallot and would need heart surgery. Very scary moment hope your baby doesn't have to go through that but I'd be keeping an extra eye on them until you get it properly checked out. Hugs xxx

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,012
    Thanks
    29
    Thanked
    190
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by our3boys View Post
    Ds 2 had a heart murmur detected at 6 week checkup. The doctor booked an appointment with the cardiologist to get it checked out in a month but two weeks later he completely went blue on us so I rushed him to hospital where he got transferred to another hospital they couldn't figure out what was up so then transferred us to the mater in Brisbane where the next morning the did an ultrasound and informed us he had tetrology of fallot and would need heart surgery. Very scary moment hope your baby doesn't have to go through that but I'd be keeping an extra eye on them until you get it properly checked out. Hugs xxx
    How scary for you! I hope everything's ok now!

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    ocean shores
    Posts
    2,279
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked
    233
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes was a full on year but he is a happy and mostly healthy 4 year old now he still goes for check ups all the time and no guarantee he wont need more surgery in the future and suffers asthma but I'm just happy he is all good.


 

Similar Threads

  1. 8 weeks pregnancy internal ultrasound - no foetal heart beat detected
    By travelling1972 in forum Pregnancy Health Issues
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-10-2012, 15:05
  2. Heart murmur
    By angelanathan in forum Pregnancy & Birth General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 28-06-2012, 10:00
  3. 6weeks 5 days no heart beat on ultra sound
    By RLA in forum Pregnancy & Birth General Chat
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 13-12-2011, 07:40

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
BAE The Label
Versatile, premium maternity wear that you will love throughout pregnancy and long after. Cleverly designed for for all stages of motherhood so that you can 'Just be you (+1)'.
sales & new stuffsee all
Bub Hub Sales Listing
HAVING A SALE? Let parents know about it with a Bub Hub Sales listing. Listings are featured on our well trafficked Sales Page + selected randomly to appear on EVERY page
featured supporter
Little Kickers NSW
Little Kickers was launched in 2002 in the UK and arrived Down Under in 2009. Our motto is “Play not Push” and we provide a positive fun-filled soccer program for children aged 18 months -7 years in a vibrant, group play environment.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!