+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    MumTotzlj - I have just read your very moving account of little Zac's precious life. I am in tears for you, him and your family, how strong you are xxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CateD View Post
    3InaTub, MumTolzj and 1Babymama - thank you for sharing your stories and I am so happy to hear that your LO's are doing well.

Vesper - I am sorry to hear about your DD and I will keep her in my thoughts. I hope her surgery goes well and wish her a speedy recovery

Did any of your LO's show any symptoms of having a problem? DS just had a very scary breathing episode and I have just put a call into his Pead and am waiting for a call back. He was in the car on our way home and started gasping for breath, taking very shallow breaths and making grunting noises with each breath. I pulled over and had to give him a few good whacks on the back to get him to take in a proper breath. Not sure what is going on with him
    Hi CateD

My DS heart murmur wasn't picked up while inutero but about 5 hours after giving birth he turned blue/greyish colour and his breathing become very shallow. He was rushed to the Special Care Nursery where they checked his Saturation Levels which were only in the 60's. He was airlifted to Westmead Children's Hospital within hours of this happening.

It must be very stressful for you not knowing what is going on. You really need to request to have an ECHO done to put your mind at ease.

Thanks
    Reviews
    1babymama-what condition does your son have?

CateD- from about 5 weeks my daughter woud go blue around the mouth and eyes, she would have shallow breathing, as she got older i would make her lay down for at least 30mins then she would be fine. she had a repair down at 13mths she is now 3 and hasnt had any other problems.
    my son hasnt had any intervention on his heart and has periods when around his mouth and eyes goes blue.

if it happens to your son again the best thing to do is get him straight to the hospital so they can check his oxygen stats. i would be asking for a referral to a cardio for a echo, it is a simple test that will put your mind at ease.

thank you for taking the time to read abotu Zac

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MumTotzlj View Post
    1babymama-what condition does your son have?

CateD- from about 5 weeks my daughter woud go blue around the mouth and eyes, she would have shallow breathing, as she got older i would make her lay down for at least 30mins then she would be fine. she had a repair down at 13mths she is now 3 and hasnt had any other problems.
    my son hasnt had any intervention on his heart and has periods when around his mouth and eyes goes blue.

if it happens to your son again the best thing to do is get him straight to the hospital so they can check his oxygen stats. i would be asking for a referral to a cardio for a echo, it is a simple test that will put your mind at ease.

thank you for taking the time to read abotu Zac
    MumTotzlj

My DS has Critical Pulmonary Valve Stenosis. He had surgery at 3 days old to correct the valve which was successful. It is now working at around 80%. Only time will tell if he will require further surgery.

Very sorry to hear about Zac. I did read his story and balled my eyes out. I can't imagine how hard that must have been for you and your family.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 1BabyMama View Post
    MumTotzlj

My DS has Critical Pulmonary Valve Stenosis. He had surgery at 3 days old to correct the valve which was successful. It is now working at around 80%. Only time will tell if he will require further surgery.

Very sorry to hear about Zac. I did read his story and balled my eyes out. I can't imagine how hard that must have been for you and your family.

i havent heard of that one before. i like hearing about heartkids that are doing well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    This happened to a friend of mine and it all turned out to be nothing in the end!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...rt-Mums/page67

a link to other heart mums on here they are very helpful and supportive

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ds 2 had a heart murmur detected at 6 week checkup. The doctor booked an appointment with the cardiologist to get it checked out in a month but two weeks later he completely went blue on us so I rushed him to hospital where he got transferred to another hospital they couldn't figure out what was up so then transferred us to the mater in Brisbane where the next morning the did an ultrasound and informed us he had tetrology of fallot and would need heart surgery. Very scary moment hope your baby doesn't have to go through that but I'd be keeping an extra eye on them until you get it properly checked out. Hugs xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by our3boys View Post
    Ds 2 had a heart murmur detected at 6 week checkup. The doctor booked an appointment with the cardiologist to get it checked out in a month but two weeks later he completely went blue on us so I rushed him to hospital where he got transferred to another hospital they couldn't figure out what was up so then transferred us to the mater in Brisbane where the next morning the did an ultrasound and informed us he had tetrology of fallot and would need heart surgery. Very scary moment hope your baby doesn't have to go through that but I'd be keeping an extra eye on them until you get it properly checked out. Hugs xxx
    How scary for you! I hope everything's ok now!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes was a full on year but he is a happy and mostly healthy 4 year old now he still goes for check ups all the time and no guarantee he wont need more surgery in the future and suffers asthma but I'm just happy he is all good.