+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Looking for Gestational Surrogate in NSW

Hi,
    we are in a same sex relationship. My partner and I have been together for 12 years. Towards the end of last year we decided to start growing our family. We have a family member who is going to be the egg donor, and our plan was always to head overseas to find our surrogate.
    However, as we started to look into the process we became aware of the laws changing in NSW where we live, which has now made commercial surrogacy illegal.
    we have looked for loopholes, attended conferences and support groups, and even spoken to a lawyer for advice, but going overseas poses a lot of legal risks.
    One suggested we move interstate, however, this is not an option for me and my partner due to our close bond with our family and friends.
    We have approached a few friends and family if they could be a surrogate for us, however they are all still in the process of having their own children or in the planning stages.
    Someone suggested we try this website, so hoping anyone out there that may be able to help us with our desire to have children.
    happy to chat to anyone if you have questions or know of anyone. If you would like to email us directly you can do this at edley2012@hotmail.com
    Last edited by Edley; 11-06-2012 at 21:27.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Edley,

It's great to see you here. I don't have much to say but good luck and I hope you find a surrogate that can help you.

To all potential surrogates out there I can say I have met Edley and his partner and they are fantastic!!! Well worth snapping up as IP's

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Rachel... Couldn't do it without your advice!! Xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just thought I'd let you know. I had a quick read of the NSW Surrogacy Act today. It actually says in there that it is legal to advertise for an altruistic surrogate if you are a resident of NSW as long as you don't pay for the advertising. So get the word out there!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much for posting Crystal. The NSW laws state that the surrogate needs to be at least 25and have had a child. So unfortunately doesn't look like a match with us :-(
    Lets keep in touch. Would love to hear how your journey goes xox

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im interested hunny

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Squee09. I PM you but never heard back...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't get it sorry

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do you have an email where we can contact you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Unfortunately things didn't work out with our last potential surrogate. So we are very much still hoping someone out there is willing to be our surrogate. If you are the kind of person with a big heart and able to do something truly special, please contact us either through this website or at edley2012@hotmail.com