+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Please help, where can I get a D&C without going to an abortion clinic?

I should be 9weeks and 1day today =( baby passed between 5weeks and 3days and 6 weeks. I am still waiting to miscarry its getting quit drepressing waiting, i start cramping and think this is it then nothing, it was bad between 9pm and this morning but still nothing still just spotting like i have been for the last 8days, i was detrmined to do it naturally but since it dosn't seem to be going to start on its own and rik of infection i am therefore considering a D&C. Has anyone had one done? Where is a good place to have it done? I would prefer not to go to an abortion clinic, (everyone has the right to their own opinions on abortion, and some people have reasons) but i feel i have lost my baby i have no choice but to do what i need to, and they have descided to abort their baby, i just don't feel i could sit in a room full of people plus i don't want to talk to anyone about it i just want to be sad by myself (i don't mean to offend anyone on abortion, sorry if i have as i said my personal oppinion). I have private health insurance if that makes any difference. I AM THINKING OF HAVING IT DONE IN BRISSY AND AS I SAID I DON'T HAVE MUCH TIME TO CHOSE PLEASE HELP. ALSO ANYONE KNOW HOW MUCH IT COSTS?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi I don't know how much it costs, but go to your gp for a referral for your local hospital.. Your local hospital will do it, but i'm pretty sure you need the referral first...

Mod-biscotti is offline Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Your GP or Ob/gyn should be able to arrange this for you at your local hospital I think...are you ok?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm very sorry for your loss. I don't understand why your doc hasn't advised you? You don't get D&Cs done at abortion clinics! I have had 2 done at the Mater Mothers and 1 at Mater Private under the care of my obstetrician. The Mater Private was a lovely place to get it done, like a hotel!

So if you don't already have an obstetrician then go and get a referral for one from your GP. I'm not sure about the cost but it wasn't too much for me.

missybubble is offline I'm a strange one, but I'm good at it :)
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm sorry for your loss As others have said, go to your doctor and get a referral to the hospital.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My sil went to the er at the woman's and children's hostpital in Adelaide and they sorted it all out for her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My doctor referred me to the er and they organized mine for the next day

Thanks
    Reviews
    The doctor has advised me but the reputation of the hospital up here isn't good, so i would rather travel to Brissy and atleast know it will be done properly, there are already risks i would rather minimise them by traveling. Did you stay in the hospital or did they do it and you went home straight after?Do you remember how much it cost other then the excess?

Quote Originally Posted by EmyB View Post
    I'm very sorry for your loss. I don't understand why your doc hasn't advised you? You don't get D&Cs done at abortion clinics! I have had 2 done at the Mater Mothers and 1 at Mater Private under the care of my obstetrician. The Mater Private was a lovely place to get it done, like a hotel!

So if you don't already have an obstetrician then go and get a referral for one from your GP. I'm not sure about the cost but it wasn't too much for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry for your loss . When i had a missed miscarriage i found out by my 12week scan that the baby passed away at 6weeks so i then got told to see my doctor first who then gave me a refferal to my local hospital i went straight there and they got me to book in for an appintment for the operation for the next day, and it didn't cost me anything.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Local hospital for sure. I'm not sure where you live though?

I arrived at the hospital for my D and C around 7am and was home by about 12pm and most of that time was waiting around before the surgery.

Good luck