+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondEyes View Post
    If it wasnt for the internet, facebook+bub hub, people like me (on the spectrum) would end up in complete isolation.

Ill freak out and get rid of both, and then it gets insanely bad for me, and i drop off the face of the earth and feel like the world is against me and too scary.

Yes, i know.

Mega issues.
    Please don't ever leave. You're an inspirational woman.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 2Bboys For This Useful Post:

duckduckgoose  (29-05-2012),Witwicky  (29-05-2012),Zombie_eyes  (29-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I am another that hates to send friend requests.

I am happy to get them but too much of a scaredy cat to send them.

Ana Gram is offline 2008 WINNER - straight shooter award
    Winner 2008 & 2009 - Community Minded thread
    Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most passionate member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondEyes View Post
    If it wasnt for the internet, facebook+bub hub, people like me (on the spectrum) would end up in complete isolation.

Ill freak out and get rid of both, and then it gets insanely bad for me, and i drop off the face of the earth and feel like the world is against me and too scary.

Yes, i know.

Mega issues.
    I see you on FB sometimes (well, I am pretty sure it's you. Sh*t, I hope it's you!!) and think 'she's so cool'

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm a reluctant adder, but luckily I do get my courage up three times a year - or I wouldn't be friends with quite a few of you lot!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

HugsBunny  (03-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't send friend requests ever lol

Especially hubbub etc, I tried that once and our of four only 1 lasted longer than 6 months :/

And it made me all jeepers wtf did I do (yes I am socially awkward)

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I am a very cautious adder, due to fear of rejection.

Oh, to be carefree.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by MsMummy View Post
    I am a very cautious adder, due to fear of rejection.

Oh, to be carefree.
    Well you don't want to end up with a bunch of nutters....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by misskittyfantastico View Post
    Well you don't want to end up with a bunch of nutters....
    I'm a cautious accepter as well.

And a bit paranoid. For example, I have created a second facebook account for my DIG, as I didn't really want worlds to collide, and the facebook group is so big (like 80 people) and none were really familar from bubhub.

Whereas most people I've added from BH, I've either met or they have been posting for a long time that I feel that I "know" them, as much as you can.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm just slack at adding people, but Im great at accepting *wink wink*.

My FB has been pretty boring of late. I seem to go through spurts of posting a dozen times a day, to nothing for weeks.... So if you do want to add me expect boring for a while!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    No fear of rejection, which is weird because I used to have major issues with shyness when I was younger. I only add people I believe would like to be added, and I've never had a rejection on FB. I've been unfriended by at least 2 people for reasons I didn't know, or really care about frankly. They were people I knew from school but didn't have much to do with (pretendships ).

I do have a bit of the opposite - worrying about offending those I DON'T want to add who send a request. I've blocked every past manager I've had since I know some of them would have added me and I don't want to explain to them why I have no desire to be FB friends with them. The mother of someone I went to school with (and who is on my friends list) tried to add me a few nights ago and I rejected it, she's just a stickybeak, but we come from a small town so if I ran into her it would be a bit awkward.

I've only added one person from BH who was in my IVF group, and I needed to add one of them to join a private FB group.