+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Moosie View Post
    Oh, snap

The only person who ever befriended me via bubhub and then added me on Facebook deleted me yesterday! Evidently I wasn't paying her enough personal attention.

Instances like this remind me why I don't worry about going out on a limb to make friends.
    I think witwicky actually deleted her whole account. i'm teasing, rather than being mean to her.

Don't lose hope! i've got around 20BH (or ex-bh) women on facebook, [and that's not counting the ones i added more for games etc and possibly deleted once i stopped playing zynga games] and several of them i literally do not go more than a day without talking to them.

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Witwicky View Post
    A while ago I added an old school friend and she didn't accept, and it has played on my mind whenever I have wanted to add a new friend.
    When I first got into Facebook I added a school friend who didn't accept. I didn't think too much of it, she didn't seem to have a very active account. Then a year or so later I saw we had some school friends in common, so I added her again. Still no joy, and it still bugs me because there's no reason that I can think of! We didn't fall out, and I knew her as well as or even a little better than some of the other people she had added.

Ah virtual rejection... like there wasn't enough of the other kind .

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lambjam For This Useful Post:

NancyBlackett  (29-05-2012),Witwicky  (29-05-2012)

GluttonForPunishment is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Most Optimistic Poster and Newbie of the Year Awards
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've only gone deleting when there's been major upheaval in my life. So when ex-DW and I split, anyone associated with her got deleted in an emotional frenzy. Same thing happened with ex-DP when we split ... and got back together ... and split etc (apologies to any of the ladies from here with that btw. Wasn't personal!)

I always have the after delete regret but then am too embarrassed to friend request again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly View Post
    I will generally add people I know / have known, but will delete then just as quickly if they are the kind of person who has a fb account to watch people and contribute nothing. That, or if we never actually interact.

One thing I fear is wanting to add people from BubHub (some of which have posted in this thread) and I fear rejection from that! The old "I like them from their posts/ comments but do they even notice/like me?!" *thinks back to "am I invisible" thread*
    Lol, this is me. Although I do have a collection of hubbers now... and a few messages from hubbers asking to add me who had the same concerns I had about adding them. Hurrr....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Moosie View Post
    Oh, snap

The only person who ever befriended me via bubhub and then added me on Facebook deleted me yesterday! Evidently I wasn't paying her enough personal attention.

Instances like this remind me why I don't worry about going out on a limb to make friends.
    Ditto! Well I had 2 and one deleted me and I'm not sure why

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm up for an add or two if anyone would like to PM me .

**Sits nervously awaiting rejection**

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lambjam View Post

Ew, no thanks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post
    Ew, no thanks.
    Where's an emoticon for a big, kicking boot? This will just have to do

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Witwicky - whenever i see you post i always go 'oooh...i should pm her so i can add her on facebook'. and then remember that you deleted me and loose my confidence
    true story.

so yes. its almost as nerve wracking as talking on the phone rejection is awful

[btw - i read the op, and nothing else. so sorry if i've skipped something important in the convo]
    Eeeep don't you know the story??! I deleted most of my BH friends because I had a stalker and became paranoid. I have since started re-adding.

I am off to find you and re-add you this very moment. So sorry.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Witwicky For This Useful Post:

Gandalf  (29-05-2012)

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lambjam View Post

I'll add you.

Oh wait...we're already friends

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Witwicky For This Useful Post:

lambjam  (29-05-2012)