+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I add people.

Only people I know in real life, and have known for more than 1 second, but other than that I assume they will be delighted to see my awesomely interesting status updates...

Plus I often forget if I have added someone, so I don't dwell on it if they don't accept me. And there's a high chance that, if they ignore me, then I'll re-add them as I won't remember that I added them in the first place.

Sooo.... it works well for me, being in my happy little bubble where no one has rejected me.

But if there is someone (multiple someones?) out there who keeps hitting ignore, and I keep adding (like an endearing tail wagging labrador, I think, not like a stalker at all...) then I do apologise.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm way too chicken to add anyone from BH :-/

My best friend all through primary and high school now refuses to speak with me and add me to fb cos I'm gay lol I just think its funny

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I have to be the person to add people, coz my setting are so strict no one can find me (unless you are a friend of a friend), and of they do then they can't add me. I do have it set so friends of friends can message me though.
    Otherwise, if people want to add me to fb from bh, I don't mind really, just PM me and ask

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Witwicky View Post

I love that you only add people after a mutual agreement
    Hmm have you blocked me on FB Tiggy? All that talk about my amazing dishwasher....
    Sorry witwicky I just couldn't take it any more all that talk about clean and squeaky while I'm up to my elbows in greasy buttery water aargh!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Gothel For This Useful Post:

Witwicky  (29-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttoneska View Post
    ahh shucks, but I don't think they do - plus i haven't been on here much. Those who know me, know me but I reckon there a group of 'your kinda familiar but can't quite place you'.

plus these days I tend to be on FB gossiping to my due group - 17wks now.. woot woot!
    Interesting to hear you say that, I've always seen you as one of ths main players on here

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gothel For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (29-05-2012),MamaC  (30-05-2012),SeymourTheBear  (29-05-2012),Witwicky  (29-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KnockKnockPenny View Post
    I'm way too chicken to add anyone from BH :-/

My best friend all through primary and high school now refuses to speak with me and add me to fb cos I'm gay lol I just think its funny
    So not only is she afraid of "catching gay" but she's also afraid you might send the "gay virus" to her computer?! :-S

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly View Post
    I will generally add people I know / have known, but will delete then just as quickly if they are the kind of person who has a fb account to watch people and contribute nothing. That, or if we never actually interact.

One thing I fear is wanting to add people from BubHub (some of which have posted in this thread) and I fear rejection from that! The old "I like them from their posts/ comments but do they even notice/like me?!" *thinks back to "am I invisible" thread*
    I notice you and I like you from your posts
    I must have missed that 'am I invisible' thread, I considered starting one myself but was afraid noone would reply... Lol I just kept thinking 'social suicide'

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Gothel For This Useful Post:

Etienne  (29-05-2012)

Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttoneska View Post
    Yeh i rarely add BH ppl cos I assume they are too cool for me...

Me to lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsTiggyWinkle View Post
    I notice you and I like you from your posts
    I must have missed that 'am I invisible' thread, I considered starting one myself but was afraid noone would reply... Lol I just kept thinking 'social suicide'
    Aw thanks MrsTiggyWinkle! The "invisible" thread showed that a lot of Hubbers felt they went unnoticed but others were pointing out how much they WERE noticed. It was quite a lovefest!

For the record, if anyone ever wanted to add me on Facebook please feel free to PM me and I'll promise I'll add you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I only add people that I feel confident will accept my request - I have a total fear of rejection! I wouldn't add someone I'd only met a couple of times as I think they'll probably think 'who the f are you'?!!!

Sometimes I feel like I'm not a very memorable person to those who meet me. Comes from high school where I remember being constantly asked if I was the new girl even though I started year 7 with everyone else at the very start!

I once sent a friend request to an old work colleague (we were friends IRL too), and weeks later it was still pending. I figured she must not have been interested in my frienship so I withdrew the request! The real reason may have been that she just wasn't a regular checker of FB but I guess I'll never know