+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Very early labour...

I started having a few random contractions yesterday about lunch time, by 9pm they were 8 mins apart and by 11pm they were 5 mins apart lasting about 80secs. I called the hospital and they asked me how I was coping and I said fine because they are not really really painfull, just enough pain to make me stop and concentrate and breathe, but that was it... she said just wait it out and relax at home and come in if it gets worse...

However by 2.30am they were easing off, so I managed to get to sleep and woke up with DH at 4.30. The contractions were still coming every 5 mins however now there was hardly any pain with them - so just a tightening. DH went to work and i'm at home just waiting... I'm still getting the contractions, they have a little pain to them, but still nothing major, just enough to be uncomfortable and for me to know they're there.

I keep getting a pressure feeling like to need to go to toilet (#2) but when I sit down nothing happens... and between contractions I just feel constantly crampy like period cramps and mild lower back pain.

I know everyone is different, but did you have long early labour symptoms? how long did they last before true labour kicked in? Should I be trying to sleep and rest or should I try to keep active like walking so gravity can help?

Opinionated is offline Winner 2009 - Best Avatar
    You know you love me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I am jealous. I am already due and have nothing like that.

That being said, you could go on that way for weeks. If I were you, I would just go with it and just get as much rest as possible. Once you get to the stage that you can't talk or concentrate on anything else during a contraction, and they don't go away when you rest, or your waters break, then you will know you are truly on your way.

Guest Guest
    Are you far away from the hospital? If they are regular 5minutes apart regardless of pain and your starting to get pressure I'd probably go get checked. That tight feeling is still a contraction, I had that at the top of my belly with each contraction, aswell as the pain below. Have you had a show yet?

Thanks
    Reviews
    No show (however I had a show at 33 weeks, a fair amount of pink/white discharge but because it wasn't accompanied with contractions or anything else the hospital wasn't worried, and i also had a sweep last week which left me spotting for a few days, so not sure if i'd still have one?)
    The hospital is only 10-15 mins away, I called them again this morning just to tell them that things had eased since last night and they still said to wait at home til the contractions get worse because going into the hospital may slow things down more... I'd rather be at home than at hospital, but it's just frustrating that I don't know when things will ramp up, It will frustrate the crap out of me if I go on like this for days LOL

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by webby View Post
    No show (however I had a show at 33 weeks, a fair amount of pink/white discharge but because it wasn't accompanied with contractions or anything else the hospital wasn't worried, and i also had a sweep last week which left me spotting for a few days, so not sure if i'd still have one?)
    The hospital is only 10-15 mins away, I called them again this morning just to tell them that things had eased since last night and they still said to wait at home til the contractions get worse because going into the hospital may slow things down more... I'd rather be at home than at hospital, but it's just frustrating that I don't know when things will ramp up, It will frustrate the crap out of me if I go on like this for days LOL
    Sounds like your on your way. I think you will know when true labour is though, if your unsure that usually means pre labour. Relax, go for long walks, have a nice bath, hot shower, sit on your fit ball, bake a cake (if you find baking relaxing cause I do lol) Labour will tire you out and you need to have energy. Good Luck