+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yes I agree, it's got more to do with the area, and the schools approach as well. Plus some classes just get a dynamic to them, I went to a good high school but the boys in our year were awful, sneers, pa bullies, whereas others years in the school didn't have that issue

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    ...basically our principal.let it happen and didn't get on top of it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    The high school I went to wasn't too bad in terms of bullying, although the boys were so nasty to the openly gay boys. It was really quite awful. We used to tease them back though because none of the girls wanted to hang out with them due to their attitude to our gay friends. So the gay boys got more girls than them

Thanks
    Reviews
    Primary school was private and public for highschool. Bullied at both, being overweight makes you easy prey.
    the thing with me, I've always been one of the tallest in the grade and stocky so I would only really get bullied by groups, singular bullies were afraid of me especially in highschool.
    Maybe it's because I grew up or learnt not to take it in stride but private school/primary was worse because incidents were physical and constant.

I remember 3 yr7 boys cornering me (a yr5 girl) and it got scary and they got very grabby. I bit, kicked and ran but never reported it. I reckon it would've gotten bad if I didn't get away.
    Another yr7 boy kicked and shoved me down stairs that year, but I got up and fractured his nose. He stopped bullying me after that.
    And when I got hit with 5basketballs at once in the head, one of the boy bullies came n laughed so I shoved him to the ground and screamed at him. I was suspended till my father came in and went ballistic. I was constantly bullied by these kids (physically, verbally, sexually), tripped, grabbed at and they never got in trouble even infront of teachers. I retaliate and they tried to suspend me. I learnt never to start a fight, but to hit back harder.

Highschool was never physical apart from a few *** grabs, I just learnt to tell them to get fked and walk away. Apart from a few guys I was always much bigger and taller than them anyhow. Just name calling and isolation. Most kids tend to grow out of being a bully by end of yr10 though I noticed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    I went to public schools. I was never really subject to any bullying although it did go on of course. In my year level in high school the bulk of bullying was done by one girl. She came from a quite well off family and because of that she thought she was better then everyone else. She would pick on plenty of other students mainly targeting their parents financial status. If a student was wearing shoes from spend less shoes it would all start there and she would escalate the bullying as she saw fit.
    I found it quite an odd situation as this girl was very obese, unattractive, etc.. but was basically the leader of the *****y girl group. She had them all at her disposal.

I don't think the area you attend school in determines the level of bullying that goes on. I grew up inner city and bullying still went on. I know my older brother was subject to it through out most of primary school.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I went to only private schools. My first private school was amazing it had 40students in total in the whole school and we were all close and got along (it was actually the principal that was the bully..anyway she ended up in jail for child abuse).

Second primary school there were bullies I was constantly picked on and attacked and chocked once. But I stuck it out till high school.

High school was fine. Wasnt much bullying there. Everyone had their group and we all kept seperate during breaktime. During class time everyone was civil every now and then you'd get the odd pms'ing (All girls school btw lol). But high school wasnt as bad as primary.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I know there is a lot less tolerance for bullies now, my niece is in year 7 and at the start of the year some year 8 boys did something to her locker or something, she told the teacher and he went ballistic at them and the boys got all a weeks worth of detention.

I think it has a lot to deal with the schools attitude and willingness to hand out discipline.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I went to private school and in my grade (50) kids I honestly can't say I saw any or heard of any bullying! we were a really close knit group in sayin that it may not have anything to do with being private more the group of kids in my grade who were very excepting etc

Thanks
    Reviews
    My favourite school, with the least bullying, was actually a school with a "bad reputation" in a "poor area". Public school too. When rumour spread about fights or bullying happening, the older kids would go and watch out for the younger ones, and break anything up. The teachers were a bit useless, so we dealt with it ourselves. A disabled boy came halfway through the year and was picked on because he was an easy target - until half the year 11s/12s decided to "adopt" him as a sort of little brother. We even took turns walking him home to make sure nothing happened to him as he had fits and we didn't want him to be hurt.
    Just so I'm clear here, we never turned to bullying the bullies, so to speak. We just found that if they were very clearly called out on their behaviour, they lost their bravado and left quick smart.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Private or public - bullies are everywhere. I was bullied in private school (early primary) but had no real issues at public primary & high schools. My brother (who has a mild intellectual disability) was horrendously bullied at public schools.

So much more needs to be done to help bullied kids. Bullies also need to be dealt with appropriately. Kids are killing themselves because they can't cope with the taunts at school and it's heartbreaking.