+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Grumpy, thats great news for your boy im so happy to hear that

My son is quiet as a mouse, introverted and obsessed with stucking to the rules, the teacher said if he was causing a problem in the classroom, he would be more of a priority for help.

>_<

Thank you everyone.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Zombie_eyes For This Useful Post:

Happy2be3  (29-05-2012)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    That's just crap

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is outrageous! I feel really upset for you.

So, just so I understand it, the state government (NSW) has cut funding to schools for aides to assist special needs children in order for the money to be better spent elsewhere....? Is that it?

What does your principal say - surely people won't just lie down and take this? I know it was federal government push to improve education in this country, so how can a state government move in the opposite direction and expect support? Seems bizarre.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarabelle View Post
    This is outrageous! I feel really upset for you.

So, just so I understand it, the state government (NSW) has cut funding to schools for aides to assist special needs children in order for the money to be better spent elsewhere....? Is that it?

What does your principal say - surely people won't just lie down and take this? I know it was federal government push to improve education in this country, so how can a state government move in the opposite direction and expect support? Seems bizarre.
    Simple. This liberal government view education as a liability, not an investment. The NSW treasurer announced in his speech that $10 billion would be cut from the public sector over 4 years.

This is why there was industrial action a couple of weeks ago, although, as usual, the media reported it to be about pay

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

beebs  (31-05-2012),Mod-Nomsie  (29-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    de its cause he has a double dx aspergers and odd. combined they give just enough funding. but the reality is he is def going to lose substantial aide time as the kids who just lost funding still need it. so it will be shared round to some extent. obviously its lose lose for all though as all the kids are going to be getting less or no time at all
    its making me so angry my heads gonna explode

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by grumpysmurf View Post
    de its cause he has a double dx aspergers and odd. combined they give just enough funding. but the reality is he is def going to lose substantial aide time as the kids who just lost funding still need it. so it will be shared round to some extent. obviously its lose lose for all though as all the kids are going to be getting less or no time at all
    its making me so angry my heads gonna explode
    It's just so devastating. The teachers' federation are calling it devolution, or instead of "local schools, local decisions" it's called "local cuts, local blame."

The reason they are doing this is so they can wipe their hands of their responsibility. When people complain, they can say that it wasn't their decision, since they have handed financial responsibility to the individual school! Disgusting!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Missemzy View Post
    That is terrible! Absolutely discusting that this government have done that. What a joke!

Hopefully Australia remember why we kicked labour out in the first place and vote them out again! This goverment is nothing but ****. I know a few labour supporters that regret voting them in.

I feel so bad for you and your son.
    as a PP mentioned - its the STATE LIBERAL govts that are doing it.

QLD will be taking it up soon too I heard... just waiting for it in the sept budget.

NSW teachers had a strike 2/3 weeks ago but it was spun out as they didnt want to lose their jobs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It was in yesterday's paper here in NORTH brisbane that the government will be spending more money, enough to fund a full time aide at 600 schools in Qld.. Looks like we may be getting more funding not less??

***Sent from my phone***

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy2be3 View Post
    It was in yesterday's paper here in NORTH brisbane that the government will be spending more money, enough to fund a full time aide at 600 schools in Qld.. Looks like we may be getting more funding not less??

***Sent from my phone***

Yes, dd gets an extra 1.5 hours per week. I'm in qld. This should be federal, not left up to each state! Why should the OP's little boy miss out because he happens to live in NSW?

DE I am so very sorry to you, your baby, your family and every other affected child and family in that position

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    This is just so devastating! They always target those who need it most. Arrghh. I am so effing peeved. And I seriously shouldn't be surprised, this is B O'F's government after all.
    I hope someone starts something - a protest or something, post on here if you hear about anything!