+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default All this talk of government funding...

i found out last week, that the governement have taken away the majority of funding for special needs children in schools.

And how did i find this out? Because they took away my sons funding.

Our school is maint******, because we cannot afford the special needs school (and there is only one, and it is 50 mins away so we cannot get there) it has 500+ students, 22 of them are special needs.

In kindy my baby was not dx (except the language disorder/ learning disability) this did not qualify for help, he failed his first year of school it was a horrid time for us all, especially my baby.

Year one, he has a dx, he gets funding, he gets an aide in class and attends the school run occupational therapy programme, he excels and passes the year. It was amazing he gained confidence, slef esteem and most of all happyness.

This year has been going good as well. His aide is amazing, they have a great bond, and she keeps an eye on him even when she is not required to do so.

And now the government have decided to rip it away from not only my son, 15 other special needs kids at our school. Only 5 children (1 SN child per 100 students) will recieve funding. Obviously the more severe cases (and we have kids with CP, DS and more at our school, so im at least thankful they will get help) but... What is in store for us? Will we go back to failed grades? No support, emotional, academically, socially? They hafto let go of two of their fulltime aides, the ot programm is getting canned. Basically our fantastic supportive school are getting turned into a school not suitable for diversity.

Thank you government. i hope whatever you use the money that would guarantee my son a CHANCE... For something other than overseas trips, internal investigations over your own pityful disgusting members who cant abide by the law and all the rest.

We are left with the option of an extra speech session and tutoring, a further $120 a fortnight, ontop of the hundreds we already spend, and get nothing back from.

Something is seriously wrong here, is it not?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    That truly sux, how unfair for you and your son! What a joke!!!

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Mod-Myztik is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    My April Fools baby
    Winner 2009- Biggest Post-Awards Whinger
    Winner 2010- Biggest Computer Nerd

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Oh that's crap

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    So blardy crap! I mean taking funding away from special needs kids? How friggen low does this government want to get?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    omfg!!!! what!!!! im thinking this will affect my son also possibly
    hugs de that totally sucks

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Oh mish that sucks so much.

Sent from my GT-I9000T using BubHub

Mod-Myztik is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    My April Fools baby
    Winner 2009- Biggest Post-Awards Whinger
    Winner 2010- Biggest Computer Nerd

Thanks
    Reviews
    This ****s me hey. Take money away from bloody football and leave the kids who actually need it alone priorities in this world are screwed up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Bluergh!! Faaarrrrk that is such bull$hit. So sorry. (((hugs)))

9. The Following User Says Thank You to faroutbrusselsprout For This Useful Post:

Gothel  (29-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by grumpysmurf View Post
    omfg!!!! what!!!! im thinking this will affect my son also possibly
    hugs de that totally sucks

Do u have a funding review meeting at your school? We have one; twice a year, and i found out at ours a couple of days ago. if your school doesnt have a large ammount of SN kids, your son may still keep his. Based on the ratio of 1/100.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    no idea how many sn kids we have? i think its more than 1/100 though. we had a review maybe 8 weeks ago? if i have another im not yet aware of it.