Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hahahahaha!

Thanks
    Reviews
    When hubby lost his weight I had gotten really upset (I was pregnant and hormonal) ... His father died at the age of 36 ... I told hubby I loved him
    No matter what , I didn't care if he was twice the size!! But if he died how can I love him then? How would I raise our kids?? It set of a light bulb for him ... Hmmm maybe I need to have that convo again.
    I have put on 10kg with each of my pregnancies and now preg with 3rd ... Honestly I don't know how to lose weight!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Well as Dr Phil says.. Putting someone down about their weight won't help them lose it. Only thing you can do is try to encourage him to exercise with you.. At the end of the day though.. He needs to be ready and want to help himself :-(

***Sent from my phone***

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Happy2be3 For This Useful Post:

Squishy115  (03-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DH has a sleeping study this week as his snoring has become so bad in the last two months that we now sleep in separate rooms. I recorded DH on my phone as he thought that I might have been overreacting about how loud, and more annoying uneven,his snoring had become.

Your DH needs to get a referral to a sleep clinic who may or may not suggest weight loss as well as other things.

As for encouraging him to lose weight I find, as an overweight person, that advice, even well meaning, from someone who has lost a lot of weight as preaching (bit like a reformed smoker or drinker) so try and back off and let the medical professionals tell him about losing weight. Also if you do the shopping just do not buy junk food and if he complains tell him that if wants it he can go buy it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can completely recommend having a sleep study. My father and SIL have both been found to have apneoa, and were both terrible snorers. Now both of them use CPAP devices at night, which stops the snoring completely and, more importantly, stops the apneoa. Every time a person has a apneoic episode they are depriving their body of oxygen, which of course is terrible for the brain and heart, and actually reduces life span.

I would suggest a sleep study for your DH, play up that you are concerned that he may have apneoa, which is very bad for his health and you are worried. This way he doesn't feel as bad about the snoring and you are not hassling him about his weight.

CPAP machines these days are as close to silent as you can get, so I can assure you would be able to get a decent night sleep if he is wearing it next to you.

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezzabee View Post
    I have to vent or I am going to loose my noodles and hoping someone had experienced this and can help.
    As if I am not sleep deprived enough... My DP snores like a chainsaw. Enough to wake me up an stop me from going back to sleep.. I have just laid in bed for a good hour trying to sleep but can't. This happens every single night. He is definitely overweight, is aware of this and says he should exercise but generally can't be bothered. I personally think he needs to suck it up and do something. I think he is lazy.. No way to be tactful about that.
    On top of this, he gets terrible leg twitches which also wake me up. The only thing i can find is something called restless leg syndrome but he doesn't quite meet that criteria. I am an incredibly light sleeper I guess. Does the problem lie with me and should be I be getting something to help me sleep? I think the problem lies with him so he should be seeking treatment, not me! He has been to GP who has prescribed a couple of different things with no avail. DP scoffs at natural medicine. The easiest solution is for me to sleep elsewhere however there IS nowhere else in the house, other than the lounge. Not so great for my back, or his, should I send him there. Secondly, he is extremely sensitive and despite me explaining why I am sleeping on the lounge, takes great offence at it and feels that I am trying to put space between us not to mention the likely effect on intimacy.

Sorry to post about something that seems so trivial but I am at my wits end and as I said, close to loosing my noodles!
    You poor thing. There is nothing worse than not being able to get a good nights sleep.

I am a sleep technologist and see thus all the time. Couples come in at their wits end, sleeping in separate rooms and feeling resentful.

A referral to a sleep clinic would definitely be a good idea. They will monitor his sleep and check out his snoring and his leg movements. If he doesn't like the idea of spending a night in hospital then he can do a take home study

If you have any questions about what's involved and the types of treatments available let me know

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much everyone, I felt a bit silly posting about it but im just at my wits end. Of course on my first day back at work my DS chooses to wake every hour. Of course DH sleeps soundly through that. he is still snoring pleasantly, DS is in bed blowing raspberries through the monitor and I am trying to get ready and have a coffee. I will PM you Giggle! When I get home from work. Then go straight to sleep. Haha. Thanks everyone x

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have restless leg syndrome and I do feel sorry for DP sometimes as my legs can shoot out a very sharp and quick jerk at times and he'll often cop the blow. Good thing for me is that my restless leg often plays up when I am awake and its due to my iron definciency. But it can get very bad and painful for both me and him.

Why not make another bedroom (not the lounge) and sleep in there. My aunty and uncle sleep in seperate bedrooms as my uncle is a very very bad snorer. Its so extremely loud that their way of solving it was having seperate bedrooms either side of the house.

I don't think there is any problems with sleeping in seperate beds especially if it means that both people will wake up and be nice and refreshed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We dont have another bedroom I wish we did. I spoke to him on the phone and explained it to him and have asked him to go to GP tomorrow to get a referral fingers crossed! Thank you so much everyone. I really appreciate it. I'm okay now. Until tonight. Hehehe.

Thanks
    Reviews
    give the earplugs a go, if only till you get in to a clinic.
    i have a 7 month old and wake for her - think it must just be mother's attuned to that pitch/cry.
    also have a nearly 10 year old son and have been wearing earplugs since before he was born. only once in the 10 years has my husband had to wake me to get up for him!