+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    6 weeks old domestic flight. So so easy. Again at 18 months international flight. Nightmare!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    3 weeks on a domestic flight and 9 weeks on an international flight to London. Slept most of the way. It's the easiest time to travel with them. My DS is now 3 and has done over 90 flights but it's a lot more difficult now as he doesn't want to sit still!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    16wks domestically, 20 wks internationally - bris-india-dubai-return at 6mths.

16wks far the easiest

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Can I hijack thread and ask at what age it starts becoming too difficult? DH and I are waiting to go to Europe to TTC instead and figure we can go with bub but trying to work our ages

Thanks
    Reviews
    First time domestic about 9 mths, Thailand at 14 mths. (& numerous other trips)

We found it more difficult once she could walk and was aware that she was being restricted, but we have so far been fairly well prepared with entertainment for each trip

Thanks
    Reviews
    What are some good things to bring on a plane with you and bub? I'm guessing a pram and porta-cot are just way too ridiculous to bring if you're going interstate to visit family yeah? or is a pram okay to bring.
    ?

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Plan2bamummy View Post
    Can I hijack thread and ask at what age it starts becoming too difficult? DH and I are waiting to go to Europe to TTC instead and figure we can go with bub but trying to work our ages
    The age where they don't want to be restricted but also when activities don't occupy them for long (pretty much the toddler years!).

Quote Originally Posted by gluteousmaximus View Post
    What are some good things to bring on a plane with you and bub? I'm guessing a pram and porta-cot are just way too ridiculous to bring if you're going interstate to visit family yeah? or is a pram okay to bring.
    ?
    We just went to Europe and took both a pram and portacot, so I don't think it's ridiculous to take either of those interstate . We received a lot of comments from people about how light we were travelling considering we are a family with two small children. We packed the portacot in our suitcase (it's a Phil & Teds travel cot; quite smaller than a lot of them on the market and fairly light). The pram went in the undercarriage, seperately.

Onboard, we took baby supplies, some toys & snacks for the kids. We used a backpack, so that we could have our hands free while looking after the kids in the time between checking-in and boarding (youngest child went in the ergo).

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Witwicky For This Useful Post:

gluteousmaximus  (12-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I agree, with Witwicky - the phil & teds portacots are awesome! you can't go wrong with those!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD was 3 weeks we took her from Melbourne to Qld and back.. She was a dream. We fed her as we were rising and descending and no problem.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Four months, it was great! He had a boob and a sleep the entire flight. His last flight was at 16 months, he spent the way there playing with the touchscreen TV and slept the whole way back. I flew Qantas and found the staff really helpful.