+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Gold Coast with toddler - give me your suggestions of things to do please!

Hi All,

We are shortly heading to the Gold Coast for a family holiday. I have been to the Gold Coast quite a few times previously, but this is the first time with a child in tow... DS will be 23 months when we travel, and we really want to make this a fun holiday for him. We are there for 8 nights, and we plan to do Seaworld, but will give the other theme parks a miss until he is a bit older. We have rented a holiday house in Broadbeach Waters, but will have a hire car so getting around will be easy.

Soooo... I am keen to hear what recommendations you have for attractions/parks/restaurants/things to do in the Broadbeach/Gold Coast area. I'm pretty much open to anything, and budget is not an issue.

So, fire away (please!)

A big thank you in advance...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I know you've said no other theme parks but have you thought about Currumbin Sanctuary. Lots of animals etc. not as busy as other places. Not sure about costs but I know my nieces loved it as toddlers. If they're animal lovers!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I second currumbin sanctuary.

Also check out gccc.com.au or goldcoast.com.au for what's on and other ideas.

Theres Infinity in surfers but not sure of thats suitable for his age.

A walk alone the spit to the lighthouse, it's down past sea world.

There's a great rock pools and play area on the broad water in southport too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I second the rockpools. So much fun for kids, but not sure about the weather

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    If you are visiting during June/July then maybe too cold for swimming in rockpools (they are cold water in summer!!).
    But it's pretty for walks?!?! Not sure for a toddler being interested in that!
    Head up to binna burra... You can feed to birds there and do a pretty cool tree top walk.
    Um.. There's usually events on in parks and check out the pp website mentioned for events. Especially during school holidays.
    The Wiggles are at Dreamworld?!? But that's another theme park.
    Playing in sand at the beach on a sunny day is probably the best thing for any toddler and it's free!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We went to the Gold Coast with my inlays a few years back my niece would have been about 15 months and my nephew around 3, they loved the Aquaduck thing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies, sone great suggestions there that I will look into....

Any others?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Australia Zoo? Our DD loved it when we went there in January this year (she was 21 months) I'm just not sure on how long the drive is to get there from Gold Coast?

Thanks
    Reviews
    A day trip to Southbank in Brisbane is worthwhile.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Really great suggestions ladies, thanks! I've had a chance to look at them all - currumbin wildlife and southport rockpools are now on our must do list, and hopefully we can fit in a trip down to Southbank. Unfortunately Aust Zoo looks to be a bit far - DS isn't a huge fan of the car... Gives me an excuse for a holiday on the Sunshine Coast!

Any child friendly restaurant recommendations? Ideally somewhere nice with a play area (if there is such a thing...)

Thanks!