+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Ana Gram is offline 2008 WINNER - straight shooter award
    Winner 2008 & 2009 - Community Minded thread
    Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most passionate member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Just got a call from my uncle saying my grandma isn't well not sure what it is yet though but it can't be good as my dad and uncle aren't chat on the phone types.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ana Gram View Post
    Just got a call from my uncle saying my grandma isn't well not sure what it is yet though but it can't be good as my dad and uncle aren't chat on the phone types.
    Hugs. Thinking of you

Sent from my HTC One XL using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Myztiks#1Fan View Post
    Hugs. Thinking of you

Thanks. She is quite ill in hospital, not eating. The decision has been made to let her go back to the home where she is comfortable. If she starts eating, she'll continue on. If not, she has a DNR and we let nature take it's course

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Big hugs. Thinking of you xxx

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Thanks for starting this thread Ana, I haven't seen it before. I'm sorry for your grandma's latest update.

My grand MIL is getting worse quite rapidly. She is very old-96- and has been unbelievably independent until the last year or so when she moved in with MIL. We really think DS had given her a new lease of life, he is around at MIL's every Tuesday and she just adores playing with him- she's so fit and active, rolling on the floor with him and crawling around being puppies and the like.
    But she's forgetting a lot and often thinks DS is DP, she got near hysterical at MIL tonight when they dropped him home as she thought MIL was leaving DS/DP with strangers. I've also noticed that she's gettig quite short tempered with DS, where she used to be really over indulgent (as a great grandmother should be, really!) But tonight she really growled at him twice and I'm not sure how to bring it up with MIL, but i think I need to because I can see her smacking DS sooner or later I just feel awful because she loves him so much, I don't want to take that away from her, and it's an added problem for poor MIL who is sick of caring for her at home. She will need to go into a home soon, but previously we'd all assumed that on tuesdays they would all continue to spend the majority of the day together, but i don't know if that's a good idea.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,
    My nan is 74 and I'm not sure if this is the start of dimentia? Maybe you can help?
    She thinks people are coming into her house stealing spoons, cups, forks, just really silly things. Nothing worth money.
    We ask her why would someone come into your house steal one teaspoon and leave.
    She thinks the person is doing it to make her sound loopy they are trying to make her go crazy!! It all sounds so silly and if you say to her or look at her the wrong way she will get all angry "I'm not stupid, I know bla
    Bla bla"
    She also got cameras installed everywhere inside and outside her house that's how serious she is!
    And of course no one is coming in but she still thinks they are.

Just wanting people's opinions
    Thanks /..!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ana I'm so sorry. Heres hoping familiar surrounds gets her eating again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueButton View Post
    Hi all,
    My nan is 74 and I'm not sure if this is the start of dimentia? Maybe you can help?
    She thinks people are coming into her house stealing spoons, cups, forks, just really silly things. Nothing worth money.
    We ask her why would someone come into your house steal one teaspoon and leave.
    She thinks the person is doing it to make her sound loopy they are trying to make her go crazy!! It all sounds so silly and if you say to her or look at her the wrong way she will get all angry "I'm not stupid, I know bla
    Bla bla"
    She also got cameras installed everywhere inside and outside her house that's how serious she is!
    And of course no one is coming in but she still thinks they are.

Just wanting people's opinions
    Thanks /..!
    I would get her assessed by a medical professional. Sounds similar to some of the residents I look after but I am not one who can diagnose such a thing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ana Gram View Post
    Thanks. She is quite ill in hospital, not eating. The decision has been made to let her go back to the home where she is comfortable. If she starts eating, she'll continue on. If not, she has a DNR and we let nature take it's course
    I hope she has really great carers Ana. I am not one to force people to eat and never will. If they are quite ill, I encourage fluids mainly so if she isn't eating, I hope they are encouraging fluids for her.

If you ever need to chat, always around. It's hard.

Dementia sucks balls big time. Breaks my heart seeing the families come to visit but it makes me feel good when they tell us how much they appriciate the help we give them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Grandma died in her sleep in hospital this morning