+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I think selling is pretty easy. I bought mine off carsales, took 3 days from whoa to go.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I'd sell it privately.
    In saying that though, I got 1k for my 1994 Hyundai excel, which is way more than I could have sold it for privately, but they took it for parts more than anything

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    You are better off selling your car privately otherwise you lose heaps. I traded my 2 yr old barina in for $10k. The dealership sold it for $14990.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think it depends on the work your car needs too. We wouldve had to get timing belt, roadworthy, new tires and more rego plus detail to get a half decent price for it. And we trade my elantra at the same time which needed 2k spent on it to make it good enough to sell so it evened out really well for us. I only lost 2k on hundi and about 3k on the nissan with no hassle and it was instant.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chameleon View Post
    Ouch
    Oh yeah it stung! If we weren't going through finance we would have sold it privately, but thems the breaks!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think it depends how much you push and haggle too. When I traded my car they were going to give me 15k for it... I hard haggled and was prepared to walk away and all that Jaz and got then up to 18.5k.... They only ended up selling it for 19k too.....