+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarabelle View Post
    Interesting resonses - the number of negative responses confirms for me why I'm glad that I don't have to put my children into care. Now before anyone goes off at me, that this is not the same, well I think it mostly is! Human nature is what it is. Most of us don't want to look after someone elses kids, and like it or not, it seems to be pretty normal to feel that way. I don't care if you get paid to do it or not, if the choice was your own, you'd prefer to take care of your own kids because everyone elses are irritating.

As someone said it doesn't mean you wouldn't do it, but it's not because you want to, necessarily.

Do you agree or am I way off here?
    I would like to think ppl working in child care do it because they enjoy it? I doubt they would study and bother doing a course just because they will get paid. If they only do it for the money I think they would of chosen to do something easier....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Clarabelle, if you look back at the responses you will see that people who answered that they love looking after others people children are also the people who work with children.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MothersMilk For This Useful Post:

Benji  (29-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've looked after a friends little girl probably once a month over the last 4 years (she's currently 9). I love having her and my now DH loves having her over. She's even by choice opted to call DH uncle. I've always been called aunty which was her parents doing.

In saying all of the above though I haven't had her over since DD has been born. Not sure how it will go TBH. Both girls are pretty needy in different ways

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fair enough. Maybe it's just the rest of us then, eh?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Nope don't enjoy it! I'm dreading DD getting older and wanting to have sleep overs! At the moment watching DD is like watching 20 naughty kids coz she is so angry and has such a bad temper! The 1 exception I have is a friend whose DH has just gone overseas for a work conference for a few weeks, I offered to mind her son whenever she wants coz DD loves him and is sooo well behaved around him!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarabelle View Post
    Interesting resonses - the number of negative responses confirms for me why I'm glad that I don't have to put my children into care. Now before anyone goes off at me, that this is not the same, well I think it mostly is! Human nature is what it is. Most of us don't want to look after someone elses kids, and like it or not, it seems to be pretty normal to feel that way. I don't care if you get paid to do it or not, if the choice was your own, you'd prefer to take care of your own kids because everyone elses are irritating.

As someone said it doesn't mean you wouldn't do it, but it's not because you want to, necessarily.

Do you agree or am I way off here?
    In your own home is way different to in a workplace. It's also different, IMO, if you look at it like a job, rather than something you're doing out the kindness of your heart. I think I would much better handle working at a daycare centre with a large number of kids in my care, than having 3 kids stay at my home just because I offered to babysit or something. I personally don't really think it's the same.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Clarabelle, CC workers are DEFINITELY in it for the love, not the money I honestly don't know how on earth someone could be a child care worker if they didn't like it, it would drive you completely round the bend.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    No I don't.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    Clarabelle, CC workers are DEFINITELY in it for the love, not the money I honestly don't know how on earth someone could be a child care worker if they didn't like it, it would drive you completely round the bend.
    This is true for a lot of them (most, even?) but you get exceptions. I worked as a child carer for about five months (quit cause I hated it), and my room assistant, who has been doing it for years, was always saying to me "I hate them, I hate them" under her breath to me. And judging by listening to the staff chat, I deduced that most of them are there because it's what they've been doing since they left school as teenagers, and they don't know anything else, so they stay with what's easy and familiar rather than moving on.

There are those that love it though, but I definitely don't understand it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I really enjoy looking after others kids. I have no problem with mess or the noise as long as they are having fun and are safe I really have no problems looking after them.