+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    No.

Babies, yes. Babies are easy. Unless the parents are pedantic and all, "my baby must never catch a glimpse of TV... ever!" or "we're speaking Cantonese to our baby, so I've written a list of words for you to use when speaking to him," or something equally as PITA and annoying.

People who are just like, "bottles are then, bedtime is then... call me if you need me," are awesome. I love babies. Even crying ones.

I can handle babies... but children talk. And make a mess. And nag. And whinge. And fight with other children. And wet the bed. And are irrational. Mostly, children p*ss me off... even mine does, but I'm used to her. lol.

I could handle having DD's cousins staying with us... but I feel comfortable enough to yell at them if I had to (they're teenagers now).

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

Jensha  (28-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    That's funny Sassy, I'll take the kids that can play with DS any day. I love babies, but gee they can be hard to work out when they aren't your own. I looked after a friend's bub recently, a few months old.

I never prepared a bottle in my years of parenting due to breastfeeding so there's me looking up on the WHO site how the frick to even make one with a hungry, crying baby in my arms.. worked that out then got spewed on. Cleaned us both up. Then poop.

Then he got tired so decided to scream the house down. Everything that my DS liked for comfort as a baby, this one hated. So it took me a while to work out what he did and didn't like (he was a screamer - even when his parents were home).

I didn't mind at all watching him as my poor friend was attending a funeral but wow that was 5 of the longest hours of my life.

threechooks is offline If my spelling annoys you that's your problem.... I have better things to do than proofread !
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Gawd...no.

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes and no. The older they are, the easier it is. Especially since when you get sick of the screaming and running around the house (or yard, if you're luck enough to have a contained one that you can fence them in like sheep ) then you can sit them down with a movie and popcorn.

Toddlers are tougher, they get bored faster and are harder to keep entertained. My little munchkin is easy because I know his habits and likes and dislikes. Things that other kids love like dizzie whizzies will cause my DS to meltdown if it's not someone that he knows VERY well and trusts completely.

So I guess I'm a mum of one of the tricky ones.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Depends on the child. I can think of kids who I have really enjoyed looking after, and also some that do nothing but frustrate me.

I don't seem to have much authority with other people's kids (and not always that much with mine) so it always gets hard when they won't listen to me.

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    No, i find it really stressful.

Doesnt mean i wont do it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MothersMilk View Post
    Honest answer - it depends on the child. Some i really enjoy and others not so much.
    This is me too. I've only ever had family kids over. Dd's only 4 and hasn't had a friend come over yet without the parent staying.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnyflower View Post
    If the child is well behaved and gets on with my child then yes.

If not , then no.
    Agreed too. Sorry for double post on phone and can't multi quote.

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    depends on the child.
    i have my neices 2/3 days a week (less now they are at preschool 5 days a week) and 1 is an absolute joy, the other has me pulling my hair out!
    praying my sister cuts back her work hours before bellyfruit arrives (or her stupid work actually gives her school hours as arranged!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Love it!
    I have my besties 3 year old every tuesday, anothers 7 year old every thursday afternoon and a sleepover at least every second weekend.

we are always with extras!

a few weeks ago I had 7 kids here in total! all day!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Ishtyban For This Useful Post:

Ffrenchknickers  (29-05-2012)